Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Yan

Re: Reds acquire Yan

Title of the post at the Angels forum: Thank God, Yan is Gone.

Not sure if that's a good sign, but here's to hoping.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yan this year: 6.85 ERA, 22.1 Innings, 19 Hits, 4 HR, 13 BB, 16 K
    Edens in Sarasota this year: 5.46 ERA, 29.2 Innings, 41 Hits, 1 HR, 9 BB, 25 K

Both guys arent doing good this year, but Yan has major league experience.
    Just looking at Yans stats it looks like he needs to cut down on walks, because 13 walks in 22 innings is way to much.

As I understood the article we won't get a corresponding roster move until tomorrow because Yan won't arrive time for tonight's game. Germano will not be going down, I'm pretty sure of that. As Marc said, Yan is a short innings guy and Germano is in the position of long relief. I think unless another trade or DL move happens, Mr. White is enjoying his last game in a Cincinnati uniform.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caseyfan21
    As I understood the article we won't get a corresponding roster move until tomorrow because Yan won't arrive time for tonight's game. Germano will not be going down, I'm pretty sure of that. As Marc said, Yan is a short innings guy and Germano is in the position of long relief.
    Sounds about right to me

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

All I remember about Yan was that he was all the rage in fantasy leagues back when I was a senior in high school because he picked up like 3 or 4 early wins in the first few weeks of the season.

Otherwise, the only thing this move tells me is that Krivsky is not amicable to two-level promotions (AA --> Majors) and that Ryan Wagner has no future with this ballclub.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I'd almost rather keep White
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan
    He has always been in the A.L too, maybe the N.L change in scenery will help him, not many players have seen him over in the N.L...
    He actually played a half season in St. Louis in 2003 with a 6.02 ERA. I do agree a change of scenery will probably help, he throws decently hard which is better than anything we have besides Coffey.

got alil captain in u?

he should do alright he'll have success at first since nbody has seen him if he can keep which i htink he will i'll be happy

He has a pretty good sinking fastball too, atleast that's what Krivsky says... I'm glad we have another mid 90's fastball to throw out there... Maybe he can miss some bats...

Maybe I am just seeing things, but I think I've seen White hit the radar gun in the 92-94 mph range recently. Doesn't matter how fast you throw the ball if you can't get hitters out.

The positive I see with this acquisition is the fact that not many hitters in the NL have seen Yan, but that will only be an advantage for a little while.

If you have ever seen Yan pitch he is definitely more of a power pitcher than Rick freakin White.... which doesnt mean much if you can't get it over and hit your spots...

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...0/c1479526.jsp
    Reds acquire reliever Esteban Yan
    05/30/2006 6:36 PM ET
    MLB.com

CINCINNATI -- The Cincinnati Reds today acquired from the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim RHP Esteban Yan and cash in exchange for RHP Kyle Edens.
    Yan, 30, has spent parts of 11 seasons with Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Texas, St. Louis, Detroit and Los Angeles of Anaheim. He appeared in 13 games this season for the Angels before he was designated for assignment on Friday.

He is expected to join the Reds in time for tomorrow night's game in Chicago. He will wear uniform number 52. A corresponding roster move will be announced when Esteban joins the team.

Yan enjoyed one of his best seasons in 2004 while with Detroit, when he appeared in a career-high 69 games and posted a career-best 3.83 ERA. That year he was named Tigers Pitcher of the Month for August (1-1, 2.25, 13g) and tied for sixth in the American League with 87 relief innings. In 2001, he went 4-6 with 22 saves for the 61-101 Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Edens, 26, this season went 2-1 with a 5.46 ERA in 18 relief appearances with Class A Sarasota.

This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

My questions are how much money are the Angels sending and who gets dfaed? I am also wondering if more trades are coming. we still have 40 man roster room. How badly hurt is Phillips?

:yawn

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    Maybe I am just seeing things, but I think I've seen White hit the radar gun in the 92-94 mph range recently.
    And straight as can be.

As noted on another thread, he needs to feature his breaking stuff more and more and more.

New junk at least right?
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?