Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Chris Denorfia??

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    54

    Chris Denorfia??

    I was just wondering how the Reds got him?? Did the Reds trade or draft him. I can not find any info on him, besides his AAA stats. Thanks to whom may reply!!!

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,776

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    He was drafted in the midrounds in 2002.

  4. #3
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Quote Originally Posted by DunnFan44
    I was just wondering how the Reds got him?? Did the Reds trade or draft him. I can not find any info on him, besides his AAA stats. Thanks to whom may reply!!!
    Drafted by the Reds in the 19th round of the 2002 draft out of Wheaton College. He is the only player from that school to ever reach the majors.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    54

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Thanks for the quick reply guys!!!

  6. #5
    Worst Behavior. reds44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    25,448

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Drafted by the Reds in the 19th round of the 2002 draft out of Wheaton College. He is the only player from that school to ever reach the majors.
    Of Illinois?
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

  7. #6
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Massachusetts
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  8. #7
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,311

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Quote Originally Posted by DunnFan44
    I was just wondering how the Reds got him?? Did the Reds trade or draft him. I can not find any info on him, besides his AAA stats. Thanks to whom may reply!!!
    Doesn't really matter...as long as Q is on the roster, Deno could be hitting .600 in AA and he'll be "better off" getting ABs in AAA.

    Sorry if I sound bitter, but this is one instance where I disagree with the old axiom "better off getting at-bats." It would be one thing if he was 22, but I think he'll be just fine playing a few times per week in the bigs. Q is useless and games could be won or lost on this guy's shoulders.

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Guys go cold. Q and to a lesser extent Cruz are perfect for this role as they know what to do when coming in to pinch hit or playing the occasional day. At this point in time Deno is projected to be an everyday player so your not going to have him ride the pine when he could be doing what he is good at.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    14,065

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    I agree that Deno should be on the Reds. I wonder if people are jumping to conclusions when they give him a starting position in the major leagues. Hits for a good average but without power. I hear he's good defensively, but is he a true centerfielder?

    I have no problem with him as a major leaguer, but does he have the plus ability you want in a starting position player?

  11. #10
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,311

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Guys go cold. Q and to a lesser extent Cruz are perfect for this role as they know what to do when coming in to pinch hit or playing the occasional day. At this point in time Deno is projected to be an everyday player so your not going to have him ride the pine when he could be doing what he is good at.
    With Schitzo Narron writing out the lineup card every day, it wouldn't shock me if Deno started 2-3 games per week, plus double switches and pinch-hitting/running opportunities. Plus, if he plays well, he could be nice trade bait down the road if necessary. Since the Reds OF is set for the next few years, does that mean Deno is pretty much locked into AAA? Doesn't make much sense.

  12. #11
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    I agree that Deno should be on the Reds. I wonder if people are jumping to conclusions when they give him a starting position in the major leagues. Hits for a good average but without power. I hear he's good defensively, but is he a true centerfielder?

    I have no problem with him as a major leaguer, but does he have the plus ability you want in a starting position player?
    I don't think he has the plus ability you want, but he is cheap and capable of putting up acceptable numbers with plus defense. The situation with Deno reminds me a bit of what happened with Broussard. I think he will eventually be traded, and there will be a lot of controversy if he realizes his potential.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  13. #12
    got alil captain in u?
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Bridgeport Ohio
    Posts
    4,839

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    his alma mater just won the ncca div 3 national title

  14. #13
    Box of Frogs edabbs44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16,311

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07
    his alma mater just won the ncca div 3 national title
    If he doesn't get called up for that, he has no hope...

  15. #14
    Member Superdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    2,805

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    I wonder if people are jumping to conclusions when they give him a starting position in the major leagues. Hits for a good average but without power.
    No power? He hit over 20 homers last season between AA and the majors. He's not a real "power bat", but being able to hit 15-20 homers a year is pretty acceptable coming from a guy who plays good defense and has great plate discipline.

  16. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NorthEast
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Chris Denorfia??

    The clubs fourth best outfielder won't necessarily be the fourth outfielder as this guy is a role player. Deno will come up as I don't think the outfield is settled. Having been given a glimpse he is not yet ready to be an everyday player in the show. If the REDS are close or if there is much biting you may see him up when with Hatterberg/Aurilla is traded and the 1B platoon becomes Dunn/HA.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25