Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: May 30 Snub the Cubs game thread

Re: 5/30/2006:Game Thread Reds vs. Cubbies

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN
    someone help me be optimistic ... where's the positives
    Jimmy Haynes pitches for his local softball all-stars instead of in Cincinnati?

I'm trying ...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    The senior circuit is waiting...

Hatte had a HR opening day and then went what seems like month with maybe 2 RBIs... not sure what his OPS or OBA was.
    Hatte has no business playing more than once or twice a week. I guess OBP doesn't hold up when you do nothing else...the ORG thread hates Hatte and I haven't seen one mention about him working the count, walking etc.
    Mercker is very close to permanent mop up duty, if he's not there already.
    Q is a disaster.
    White is worse.
    Hammond, IMO, is awful. He's had a nice run, but he'll be back. Just wait.
    LaRue is useless this year, esp when you figure his salary into the equation. Ross is the only catcher I have no problems with right now.
    RA is overused, esp when Narron hits him cleanup. It is a sad state of affairs when he is your 4 hitter.

someone help me be optimistic-i want this team to turn it around but i dont see a light at the end of the tunnel--our defense is 3 stooge like,our bullpen is 80% poopoo,our offense is jekyl-hyde 8 runs one game,0 the next 2--we make every crappy team look like world series champs...yet pujols seems to win every game for st. louis singlehandedly...weve lost about 8 games in the standings in the last 3 weeks, keep thinking if we could get an 6 out of 8 stretch going we'd be ok but dont see that happening---where's the positives
    On a positive note... starting pitching has been pretty decent. Defensively... Griffey and CF and Kearns in RF have been solid. Hatte shows some good glove work over at 1B... and Richie A is our best defensive player at any infield position.

Big Positive: Club record for errors is 314... and I don't think we have a chance that record... but who knows.
    "I notice that I'm throwing hard when I hear the crowd gasping," - Chapman

argh!!!!!!!!! to see each batter seemingly watch at least 2 pitches go right down the middle then normally swing at one in the dirt...............

WHOOOOOO!

someone help me be optimistic-i want this team to turn it around but i dont see a light at the end of the tunnel--our defense is 3 stooge like,our bullpen is 80% poopoo,our offense is jekyl-hyde 8 runs one game,0 the next 2--we make every crappy team look like world series champs...yet pujols seems to win every game for st. louis singlehandedly...weve lost about 8 games in the standings in the last 3 weeks, keep thinking if we could get an 6 out of 8 stretch going we'd be ok but dont see that happening---where's the positives
    This team needs a wakeup call plain and simple. If it does happen then things will change. The light at the end of the tunnel is that we have a FO that is committed to winning and not commited to competeing and covering its tail. Time, unfortunately is what this team needs and there is not much during the season. This offseason will be big. It is hard to see, but we are headed in the right direction. It will just take longer than we want.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

I like Kearns' arm in right ... I can see why he was considered a plus outfield prospect and not just a good hitter.

And Narron decides to pinch hit Larue.....sometimes I think that Narron is the biggest problem with this team.....
    This will not change until the Reds win the World Series.......

April 28, 2006.

Kearns show moments of brilliance at the plate... But I am always wondering about the collision at teh plate a couple of years ago and if he will ever be the same.

WHOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by NastyBoy
    Kearns show moments of brilliance at the plate... But I am always wondering about the collision at teh plate a couple of years ago and if he will ever be the same.
    Agreed Nasty. He has never been the same.

i never got into all the womack hating that went on at the beginning of the season...he played for some good teams last few years and i figured he still had some gas in the tank...lotta posters new and old both bashing him yet he is handing it to us this series...seems like he's on base or making something happen each at bat

WHOOOOOO!

Cubs win 8-3. Thanks for keeping a Live game thread alive.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flynn78
    Cubs win 8-3. Thanks for keeping a Live game thread alive.
    That's easier than keeping my hopes for this season alive.

i never got into all the womack hating that went on at the beginning of the season...he played for some good teams last few years and i figured he still had some gas in the tank...lotta posters new and old both bashing him yet he is handing it to us this series...seems like he's on base or making something happen each at bat
    I never bashed him... he seems to be helping the cubbies win.

Turn Off Ads?