Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NO SWEEP (is what i meant)

Re: Get Ready for the sweep

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    No no no, it would mean that they lost 3 games in a row to a bad team and there are over 100 games left.
    Realist :
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmith421
    They are trying, they just stink. In baseball, failure does not equal lack of effort.

but extra effort, the better the team, they are not putting out solid effort and look to be going through the motions

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

While I seen plenty recently to suggest that this team isn't hitting very well right now, there's nothing to suggest that we shouldn't be at least as good as last years hitting team.

We lost Casey. Big deal. EE should be better than Randa. Kearns is hitting better than Pena.

This team is simply too good to continue hitting this poorly.

Or at least I think they are.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I hope I don't have to sit through a sweep tonight. I wound up getting tickets from a former co-worker who is a big cubs fan. So I hope we get the last Friday version of Milton not the Detroit version because I don't think I will be able to take it if they get swept.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

This isn't last year's great offensive squad anymore; they're a bad pitching team and a mediocre hitting team.
    Last May wasn't exactly the 27 Yankees.

.249/.325/.405/.730 - this May
    .255/.328/432/.760 - last May

What's the difference?

1 HR less
    6 BB less
    31 doubles less
    .06 less in BA

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    31 doubles less
    There's your tipping point--say hello to the loss of Casey and Randa.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Well, while it is true that the Randa / Casey combo attributed for 20 2b's last may and the EE/SH/RA combo has only accounted for 12 this May, that's really not the heart of the problem, it's everyone else. Besides EE is on pace for 50 2B's this year so I'm sure not worried about the loss of 2B's from randa who is puttting up a nifty .559 OPS up in Pittsburgh.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

That is pretty amazing that we lost a double per game. I'm not sure how statistically significant that is, but I would've never have guessed that.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

The next month they only had 42, last year was the team record in HR's and 2b's, the 2b's are going to be hard to replicate by trading them for bat on the ball, singles hitters. The linchpin isn't trying to recreate a insane month of doubles with this squad, but to turn the singles hitters trips to first into doubles with the steal.

Last years team had 124 doubles on June first, that's darn good. they also had 23 steals, this years team has 99 doubles and 20 more steals. Keep the steals up and you replicate the doubles, put pressure on the defense and all that stuff.

Man Pills

Well, while it is true that the Randa / Casey combo attributed for 20 2b's last may and the EE/SH/RA combo has only accounted for 12 this May, that's really not the heart of the problem, it's everyone else. Besides EE is on pace for 50 2B's this year so I'm sure not worried about the loss of 2B's from randa who is puttting up a nifty .559 OPS up in Pittsburgh.
    I don't want Randa back, I'm merely describing what the difference is: contact hitters. And EE has gone 90 North-cold. He'll probably stop sucking, but will maintaining near his current .850 OPS be any different than what Randa gave us last year.

I don't want Randa back, I'm merely describing what the difference is: contact hitters. And EE has gone 90 North-cold. He'll probably stop sucking, but will maintaining near his current .850 OPS be any different than what Randa gave us last year.
    I know you don't want JR back, but I do think it's an upgrade, especially when you consider that JR tanked after the Reds traded him so it was all last gasp mirage anyway.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    The next month they only had 42, last year was the team record in HR's and 2b's, the 2b's are going to be hard to replicate by trading them for bat on the ball, singles hitters. The linchpin isn't trying to recreate a insane month of doubles with this squad, but to turn the singles hitters trips to first into doubles with the steal.

Last years team had 124 doubles on June first, that's darn good. they also had 23 steals, this years team has 99 doubles and 20 more steals. Keep the steals up and you replicate the doubles, put pressure on the defense and all that stuff.
    Yeah, that steal total is almost totally contingent on Freel being in the lineup. No one else approaches Freel's capability in that department.

Yeah, that steal total is almost totally contingent on Freel being in the lineup. No one else approaches Freel's capability in that department.

IIRC Lopez has more steals than Freel and a better %.

Man Pills

IIRC Lopez has more steals than Freel and a better %.
    My bad.

But is Lopez historically a better stealer? And how many more games has Lopez played in this season?

But more importantly for Lopez... Can he hit the broad side of the barn with his throws?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Turn Off Ads?