Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Baseball America Premium Content

Baseball America Premium Content

Please do not post any premium content from Baseball America. We have been contacted by their attorneys regarding the posting of their Top Draft Prospects list, which was immediately removed from our site. As RedsZone does not have prominent attorneys on retainer , I'd rather not get involved with theirs. Thank you.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball America Premium Content

But we can still post non-premium stuff as long as a link is included...right?

4. Likes:

Old school 1983 (06-07-2015)

Noted.

Even with Jim Coombs on hand, I think its best just to avoid this problem altogether.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I would assume that is correct. I will abide by their request.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Yes, that is correct (unless told otherwise by their law firm : ).

Damn Wal-Mart!

Wait, that's another issue.

Nevermind.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

The Baseball America attorney's name didn't happen to be Denny Crane did it? We really, really don't want that guy after us.

One Man Army

I've talked with people on other message boards who have been emailed about posting copyrighted content. Basically, copy-pasting any of it is a no-no. However, if you provide a summary in your own words, it's fine. Just be sure to provide a link and indicate that it's Premium Content.

Just a case of the MAN keeping us down
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Outshined_One
    I've talked with people on other message boards who have been emailed about posting copyrighted content. Basically, copy-pasting any of it is a no-no. However, if you provide a summary in your own words, it's fine. Just be sure to provide a link and indicate that it's Premium Content.
    Outshined is right, as a veteran of Ohio State boards, we have covered that one a whole lot. If you provide a link, you can provide a brief synopsis. Such as:

The Reds want to draft Jay Bruce according to: ww.baseballamerica.com/draftquips05
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2/09/07
    Last edited by Ga_Red; 02-09-2007 at 03:02 AM.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

I have googled terms, player names, and phrases before and one of the top search sites listed will be a link to a thread from the RedsZone, FWIW.

I'm thinking after it was pasted in here, someone maybe noticed a link to RedsZone after after they googled "Baseball America top draft picks" or something.

For example of what I'm talking about, I was doing some SABR related research and I googled "BRA batters run average" and wouldn't you know it, six links down from the top was an archived thread from the Redszone. It's still there as of today.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Of course, if you were to post in Reds Live where you have to be a registered RZ member to view (thus eliminating pesky google/msn/yahoo spiders that archive pages for search)... (PS don't break the law, I like reading RZ too much to have it shut down)

Oh well...I miss when the internet was free, but I guess it's the price we pay for having niche services like BA available online. Though, as niche services, they're much more likely to be zealous in protecting content that could earn them subscribers as opposed to an ESPN.com, where they'll just shrug off such acts due to sheer member volume.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

GIK,

I know im guilty of this as much as anybody, but I know some websites that do not allow posting copyright material alltogether. You can post a link to the Cincinnati Enquirer, etc. but thats it.

I guess i'll just have to use MLB.com to post the draft coverage this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

One Man Army

There's nothing wrong with posting facts. If BA says a guy is 6'4, 225 pounds, throws a 90-92 fastball, a solid curve, and a developing changeup, you can pretty much say that as long as you don't copy-paste. Posting opinions and exclusive material is where things get dicey.

I think the scouting reports (IN ALL CAPS LIKE DEATH IN A TERRY PRATCHETT BOOK) are available to everyone and okay to post.

18. Likes:

Kc61 (03-28-2013)

Turn Off Ads?