Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How about MILTON!!

How about MILTON!!

If Milton can be a guy w/ a 4. to 4.50 era and Arroyo/Harang remain consistent, we will have three solid starters

Lets get the O going, here's to hoping, i want my summer to be fun, reds play a big factor in that!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    SERP deep cover ops WebScorpion's Avatar

Re: How about MILTON!!

It CAN happen. Milton looked good, but he needs to build up a little more endurance ... he just came back, so he'll get there. Keep your chin up, this season is far from over.

"Okay you guys, pair up in threes!" --Yogi Berra

I've seen Milton pitch in person I think 3 times now, and honestly this is how he's pitched every time I've seen him.

I think he should pay me to be at the park when he pitches as insurance.

I think thats 4 good starts this season for him now with 2 bad/mediocre ones, or is it 3?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Cincinnati Bengals - None
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

got alil captain in u?

he pitched well except for that one start before he got hurt and the one after he came off the dl

I'm not getting juiced about him just yet. I want to see it a couple more times at GABP. Kearns caught a lot of flyballs that were 340 feet to RF with the wind blowing in. Those are no doubt HR's in Cincy. Sorry to be so pecimistic! But he did pitch great today, here's to hoping the same again next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    I've seen Milton pitch in person I think 3 times now, and honestly this is how he's pitched every time I've seen him.

I think he should pay me to be at the park when he pitches as insurance.

I think thats 4 good starts this season for him now with 2 bad/mediocre ones, or is it 3?
    It's 4.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butlerbulldogs
    If Milton can be a guy w/ a 4. to 4.50 era and Arroyo/Harang remain consistent, we will have three solid starters

Lets get the O going, here's to hoping, i want my summer to be fun, reds play a big factor in that!
    If Milton can post a 4.00 ERA then that will hopefully mean he gets to spend August throwing baseballs for another ballclub.

I seriously don't care if the Reds are in contention or not -- I'd rather go to Justin Germano or Matt Belisle and have $10 million in additional free-agency money for Krivsky to play with than keep playing Russian Roulette with Eric Milton and hope that more meniscus magically reappears in his knee.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

I agree with CE, if Milton gets hot the first thing should be to deal him off.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    If Milton can post a 4.00 ERA then that will hopefully mean he gets to spend August throwing baseballs for another ballclub.

I seriously don't care if the Reds are in contention or not -- I'd rather go to Justin Germano or Matt Belisle and have $10 million in additional free-agency money for Krivsky to play with than keep playing Russian Roulette with Eric Milton and hope that more meniscus magically reappears in his knee.
    Agree! If I were WK, I would have been on the phones during the game. "Are you watching this??" Taken him out after the 6th when he was traded by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor

If that bold part happens, someone let me know. I could use a little bit more in my knee also.

It would be nice to move his salary though.

If the Reds are in double digits at the Allstar break while trailing the NL Central leader, then I think you'll see them move him. A team like the Yankees would be looking to bolster their starting rotation for the stretch run.

Would Hughes for Milton work with the Reds getting out of Milton's contract?
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Milton's performance this year is more like we thought it would be last year.

Having said that, he should be moved to someone at the break to, if nothing else, free up his salary money for some more promising pitchers. The fear here, of course, is that we get some duds and at the same time lose a guy who can keep us in games.

I'll take the chance. How about you?
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I was going to say Detroit could use another starter just off they top of my head, but they dont!

They have 4 of 5 starters with fewer hits than innings pitched. We have 1 (Arroyo; Harang and Milton are very close). We have a total of 3 pitchers on our entire roster that have fewer hits than IP (Arroyo, Coffey, Weathers; that have pitched more than 2 innings). That is no good. 4 starters for Det, 3 total for us.

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    If the Reds are in double digits at the Allstar break while trailing the NL Central leader, then I think you'll see them move him. A team like the Yankees would be looking to bolster their starting rotation for the stretch run.

Would Hughes for Milton work with the Reds getting out of Milton's contract?
    Milton has negative trade value. Simply getting out of his contract would be enough. Getting Hughes would not be likely.

Think about it. When we signed Milton, our offer was the biggest any team was willing to give him. He's regressed since then. He's simply not worth his contract. He's probably worth about 3-4M to a team since pitching is so hard to find. So he would only have value if we ate about 6-7M per season, and even that would put him at about even value. For us to get Hughes in a Milton trade, we would likely have to eat the entire contract and throw in something else of moderate value.

Trade him. Now.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Turn Off Ads?