Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scouting videos of 2006 draft prospects

Scouting videos of 2006 draft prospects

MLB.com has some scouting videos up for some of the 2006 draft prospects. It gives you a chance to check out Lincecum, Rowell, or other potential future Reds.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ev...Name&sp=L&pg=2

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Scouting videos of 2006 draft prospects

Thanks for the heads up on that one....I completely forgot MLB.com had scouting videos this year.

they have them every year. i love it as its my only chance to see a good portion of these guys

lincecum can really fire it and he throws heat low in the zone. if we draft him, i hope we keep him a starter

i thought scherzer is supposed to throw hard. on that video he topped out at 89

Why is everyone talking about us getting Lincecum? Don't a lot of mock drafts have him going #1 overall? Somehow I can't see him slipping 7 picks. He's throwing smoke though!

Quote Originally Posted by Superdude
    Why is everyone talking about us getting Lincecum? Don't a lot of mock drafts have him going #1 overall? Somehow I can't see him slipping 7 picks. He's throwing smoke though!
    The latest MLB.com mock draft has the Reds taking him. The Royals will take Miller, the Rockies Longoria. Detroit is talking about Stubbs or Kershaw. LA likes high school pitchers. The Mariners may take Hochevar. I think there is a decent chance Lincecum falls to the Reds.

That'd be awesome.

I don't see what the fuss is over Lincecum's delivery is. He gets most of his velocity from his leg drive and trunk torque. His arm action is actually very smooth. Kid also seems to have a rubber arm. He's my pick of the litter this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    The latest MLB.com mock draft has the Reds taking him. The Royals will take Miller, the Rockies Longoria. Detroit is talking about Stubbs or Kershaw. LA likes high school pitchers. The Mariners may take Hochevar. I think there is a decent chance Lincecum falls to the Reds.
    OBM, can you give me a link to the lastest MLB mock draft? Can't seem to find it on their site.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    OBM, can you give me a link to the lastest MLB mock draft? Can't seem to find it on their site.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...ives&fext=.jsp

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Awesome OBM!! Thanks so much... I can't seem to find much of anything on their site.. they really need to redo some of their pages. And their search function teh sucks.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Lincecum has the best stuff in this draft and is the most polished. Complete stud. Though high number of innings and short stature has made teams worried. If he was a couple of inches taller, the Royals would be printing up the contract right now lol!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

cincyinco, minus the fact that typing your name out I figured out what it stood for, MLB.com has a horrible site layout. The site is way to "new wave" wanna be and with the way they want to pump up everything every 15 minutes, any article posted on there is off the front page within 24 hours of it being posted.

haha.. thanks doug, i agree.

and yes.. cincy in CO

Colorado.. Denver.. yay! :P:

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?