Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Batwoman is a lesbian

For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Re: Batwoman is a lesbian

Coming soon... Lesbian Batwoman vs. Lesbian Catwoman.

Only on Pay-per-View.... and worth every bit of the $100 fee. For men who will pay ridiculous amounts of money to see two sweaty men beat each other up... this is way more bang-for-the-buck and satisfaction will be guaranteed!

Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I thought all super heroes were gay?
    Go Gators!

[/ATTACH]
    Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I thought all super heroes were gay?
    Just these two:

Name:  Superhero.bmp
Views: 43
Size:  175.4 KB
    Last edited by dman; 06-01-2006 at 05:56 PM.

Socialite? Can't they do better than that? How about player on the LPGA tour? or stocker at Whole Foods? or dog groomer?

Stereotypes, I gotta million of 'em.
    The widow is gathering nettles for her children's dinner; a perfumed seigneur, delicately lounging in the Oeil de Boeuf, hath an alchemy whereby he will extract the third nettle and call it rent. ~ Carlyle

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo
    Socialite? Can't they do better than that? How about player on the LPGA tour? or stocker at Whole Foods? or dog groomer?

Stereotypes, I gotta million of 'em.
    Well, The Shadow was a "wealthy man about town" - when was the last time you met a wealthy man about town?

i wonder what the batpole looks like

I'm still in shock over the transformation of Green Lantern

"panic" only comes from having real expectations

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

why does this kind of crap not surprise me anymore
    They're here, they're queer....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    They're here, they're queer....
    Right on the bumper across my street..... We are Everywhere.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I'm still in shock over the transformation of Green Lantern
    All that change did was make me question my memory from childhood.

"I coulda swore he was..."

Then my good friend- who's into comics- explained it to me.

My friend is black, and I told him that his people just can't win because there are much cooler superheroes than Black Lantern they could have changed. The only way black people could have gotten a worse deal is if they would have made Aquaman black because Aquaman would be the worst superhero in the world to have as a friend if you were in trouble.

Because unless you are in salt water, Aquaman really isn't of much use. If you are in a cornfield in Iowa he can't help out at all. Even if there is a fish store nearby, those fish cannot escape their aquariums and they cannot live out of water long enough to be of assistance.

If you were drowning in freshwater- I mean, what's Aquaman going to do, summon a group of blue gil with those telepathic rings to save you?

Those fish would show up and be like, "What do you want me to do, nudge him back to the surface? My maximum weight is 12 ounces. You should have called some catfish or bass. They are larger. And easier to fillet."
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 06-01-2006 at 09:50 PM.

my mom has told me that when i was real little that when i watched old adam west batman shows when bruce and dick started to go down the bat poles behind the fake wall that i would run up to the tv point blank range so i could continue watching until they got all the way to the bottom

Meh. This isn't anything new even within the DC universe and certainly not newsworthy. In fact, the only reason the media picked it up is that the word "Bat" was associated.

If you haven't read The Authority ever or haven't opened a single issue of Y-The Last Man you've seen nothing.

The Authority (used to be the best book running) has two gay characters (Apollo, Midnighter) who are married. Not only does that not distract from the storylines, it actually adds to the dynamic of the book.

And one of the most recent Y-The Last Man storyarcs was titled "Girl on Girl". I'll leave it to the reader to figure that one out.

BTW, if anyone actually cares, here's a good resource for knowing who's who in the gay, lesbian, and bisexual comic book community (and I disagree that every character on that list qualifies):

http://www.gayleague.com/gay/characters/index.php
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    All that change did was make me question my memory from childhood.

"I coulda swore he was..."

Then my good friend- who's into comics- explained it to me.

My friend is black, and I told him that his people just can't win because there are much cooler superheroes than Black Lantern they could have changed. The only way black people could have gotten a worse deal is if they would have made Aquaman black because Aquaman would be the worst superhero in the world to have as a friend if you were in trouble.

Because unless you are in salt water, Aquaman really isn't of much use. If you are in a cornfield in Iowa he can't help out at all. Even if there is a fish store nearby, those fish cannot escape their aquariums and they cannot live out of water long enough to be of assistance.

If you were drowning in freshwater- I mean, what's Aquaman going to do, summon a group of blue gil with those telepathic rings to save you?

Those fish would show up and be like, "What do you want me to do, nudge him back to the surface? My maximum weight is 12 ounces. You should have called some catfish or bass. They are larger. And easier to fillet."

Wait, the African American community already had Black Vulcan and Cyborg, why did they need the Green Lantern?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Why changed the original traditional characters? Is it because they can't come up with something original themselves, or that it won't catch on, so they have to change a standard that has been around for decades?

You want a lesbian character?... or you think there aren't enough minority representation in comics? Then create and market one.

It use to be that comics were designed for kids. The storylines were good, the characters innocent enough; but it also left enough open to the imagination also.

Now they seem more adult-oriented, and I think that spoils that for the younger kids, because I wouldn't let one of my kids buy/bring home one of the new Bat Woman comics.

So one can say "They're here, they're queer" all they want. Does't mean I have to let it into my household. And I don't simply say that because the character is lesbian; but I'd hold that standard up for any other type of material they decide to put into comics that I, as a parent, feels is inappropriate and objectionable for children.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

It use to be that comics were designed for kids.
    Electronic handheld devices took care off that, and the publishers folowed the folks who grew up picking the things of the rotating rack.

Turn Off Ads?