Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1975 World Series is now available on DVD

1975 World Series is now available on DVD

How cool is this?

http://shop.mlb.com/sm-a-and-e-video...i-2197031.html

THE BIG RED MACHINE IN ONE OF THE GREATEST WORLD SERIES EVER PLAYED! The 1975 World Series is treasured by baseball fans and historians as one of the most exciting, dramatic, and important events in the history of Major League Baseball. The mighty Cincinnati Reds lineup was stacked with players who would win six MVP Awards between 1970 and 1977.

Features

* The Boston Red Sox defeated the three-time World Champion Oakland A's and were led by the AL MVP and Rookie-of-the-Year.
    * For eleven days these stellar clubs staged an unforgettable performance that captured the attention of the entire sporting world, and in the process created some of the most indelible baseball television images in memory.
    * This unprecedented 7-DVD Collector's Edition preserves all of the remarkable history of the 1975 World Series with the actual game broadcast of each complete game! It was unbelievable the first time--today, the game action and heroics are even more inspiring.
    * Intensify your viewing of each full game with the official stats, data, and game summaries on SleeveStats: the perfect companion to the ultimate baseball DVD experience.
    * Clubhouse Celebration and Downtown Rally; Pre-Game Interviews; Introducing The Big Red Machine; Rare Interviews: Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, Pete Rose, Sparky Anderson, Ken Griffey, Sr., Don Gullett, Marty Brenneman, Bernie Carbo, Carlton Fisk, Fred Lynn; Interactive Menus; Inning Selection
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 1975 World Series is now available on DVD

AMAZON

amazon.com has the release date as 6/13/06

Thanks for doing ym Father's Day shopping for me guys. I love that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    AMAZON

Interesting. mlb.com says it is in stock and ships in 1 to 2 days. Maybe mlb.com can release it earlier than other sites.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

$50 bucks.

And three of the games ended bad and we KNOW how it ended

Even worse, I just spent $30 on three LPs-turned into-CD's of Reds Highlights from 70, 72, & 75.

On edit - if they do this for 76 & 90 - they need to do it for half the ptrice
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

7 DVDs is alot, but for a person (my dad) who loved that team, it's worth it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    $50 bucks.

And three of the games ended bad and we KNOW how it ended

Even worse, I just spent $30 on three LPs-turned into-CD's of Reds Highlights from 70, 72, & 75.

On edit - if they do this for 76 & 90 - they need to do it for half the ptrice
    After froogling it on google, I see that you can find it cheaper at other sites than for what mlb.com is selling it for.

Wow, I paid $30 on EBay for a dvd of game six. The quality was pretty bad, it had been recorded from a vhs tape.

It would be nice if they still had the commercials in the mlb set. That was one of the best parts of the dvd I bought. I had forgotten all about the "rich, corinthian leather" of the Chrysler Cordoba.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    AMAZON

That's my birthday! Guess what I'll be asking for.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    It would be nice if they still had the commercials in the mlb set. That was one of the best parts of the dvd I bought. I had forgotten all about the "rich, corinthian leather" of the Chrysler Cordoba.
    Ricardo was the original Latin American pimp.

Those commercials alone make the tape well worth what you paid.
    Last edited by Johnny Footstool; 06-01-2006 at 10:43 AM.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Yeah may have to get this if it's complete and well done.

One of the things I've been looking for is the post-series celebration on Fountain Square - the Bob Braun show at the time covered it I believe.

Seeing the clothes the players wore and the old downtown area and all the people, brought back a lot of memories, ecspecially a "young" Joe Nuxhall and Marty leading the scene. They replayed this on TV a while back one day.

Why in the world this needs "7" DVD discs is beyond me - they should be able to fit all of it on 2-3 at most I would think - but oh well.

i would love it if they added the NL playoff games on the DVD as well...

Quote Originally Posted by CrackerJack

Why in the world this needs "7" DVD discs is beyond me - they should be able to fit all of it on 2-3 at most I would think - but oh well.
    Each game is 2.5-3 hours long, plus the four-hour Game 6 marathon, plus DVD extras. 7 discs doesn't seem ridiculous.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Thanks Sava for alerting us to this DVD. I will buy one.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan4445
    i would love it if they added the NL playoff games on the DVD as well...
    They would be short and sweet. The Reds blew out the Pirates in three games. Game three did go extra innings but you knew the Reds were going to win it eventually. I would really like to see the 1972 NL Playoffs. That was one great series,especially game five! I wonder if MLB is eventually going to release all World Series and playoff games, in the TV era, on DVD?
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Man, I want that. I've seen games 6 and 7 enough, but I'd like to review the whole series and any extras.

Turn Off Ads?