Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Name your top 10 for the draft (who you want)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Name your top 10 for the draft (who you want)

you can exclude a player like miller if you feel there is 0 shot at him

in no order

Evan Longoria - 3B - Long Beach State
    Max Scherzer - SP - Missouri
    Joba Chamberlain - SP - Nebraska
    Clayton Kershaw - SP - High School
    Tim Lincecum - SP - Washington
    Brad Lincoln - SP - Houston
    Brandon Morrow - SP - California
    Daniel Bard - SP - North Carolina
    Bill Rowell - 3B - High School
    Drew Stubbs - CF - Texas

I want a POWER arm. i want to get a sp with stuff from this draft. especially a college arm, and there should be one there when we draft.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Name your top 10 for the draft (who you want)

I dont think Longoria or Miller will be available for the Reds. I think they will be going 1-2. After that, I think strange things could happen. I think the Reds will be leaning with Bill Rowell unless someone who wasnt going to be available falls to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I dont think Longoria or Miller will be available for the Reds. I think they will be going 1-2. After that, I think strange things could happen. I think the Reds will be leaning with Bill Rowell unless someone who wasnt going to be available falls to them.
    is your top 10 invisable

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    is your top 10 invisable
    yes, yes it is. I dont really know who I want for sure. This draft is, well not good.

First choice - Marrow
    Second choice - Scherzer

I figure one of them will slip to #8.

I would take a chance on Kershaw as well if he fell. However, I want the Reds to draft college arms in at least three of the first five rounds.
    Last edited by NC Reds; 06-01-2006 at 04:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Reds
    First choice - Marrow
    Second choice - Scherzer

I figure one of them will slip to #8.

I would take a chance on Kershaw as well if he fell. owever, I want the Reds to draft college arms in at least three of the first five rounds.
    after watching vid on scherzer, i dont know. it may have been an off day or something, but he was topping out at 89

after watching vid on scherzer, i dont know. it may have been an off day or something, but he was topping out at 89
    his velocity is down this year.

I want one of these guys, and I think one of them will be there:

Lincecum
    Marrow
    Lincoln
    Beato
    Bard
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    his velocity is down this year.

I want one of these guys, and I think one of them will be there:

Lincecum
    Marrow
    Lincoln
    Beato
    Bard
    do you remember what was said negatively about verlander leading up to the draft. it seems like it was the same types of things said about marrow and bard

do you remember what was said negatively about verlander leading up to the draft. it seems like it was the same types of things said about marrow and bard
    Defenitely see the parallels with each. I think it'd be a good risk. And its just another gut feeling, but w/marrow I think the command issues are overstated. Bard has some, but I still think he can get things straightened out. Much more confident about our abilities than ever now that Krivs is at the helm. More changes to come.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

-Hunter S. Thompson

then why did you post. i think the title of the post is pretty clear

then why did you post. i think the title of the post is pretty clear
    Just that I thought Longoria and Miller were the only two players who were going to be gone for sure when the Reds drafted. With everyone else, I think there are so many questions about who is interested in who and even who has this or that problem, the draft is wide open after those two are off the board.

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

The MLB Radio Around the Minors mock draft had the Reds taking high-school SS (likely a 3B) Bill Rowell. Just because he was invited into Cincinnati for a tryout.

I, of course, want to see a college pitcher. Morrow is fine with me. Lincecum is scary, but he's likely a reliever. I want a starting pitcher.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    The MLB Radio Around the Minors mock draft had the Reds taking high-school SS (likely a 3B) Bill Rowell. Just because he was invited into Cincinnati for a tryout.

I, of course, want to see a college pitcher. Morrow is fine with me. Lincecum is scary, but he's likely a reliever. I want a starting pitcher.
    Why is Lincecum a reliever? Becuase he's 6 foot? I think the short right handed pitcher can't be a starter is a myth. This guy reminds me of Oswalt. His stuff is unbelievable and he's got great deception. He's never had an injury that I am aware of, and he's apparently never complained of soerness or any pain after starts.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincyinco
    Why is Lincecum a reliever? Becuase he's 6 foot? I think the short right handed pitcher can't be a starter is a myth. This guy reminds me of Oswalt. His stuff is unbelievable and he's got great deception. He's never had an injury that I am aware of, and he's apparently never complained of soerness or any pain after starts.
    No, I don't have that kind of bias against height. But I did watch his rather violent pitching motion. Plus, he's been worked extraordinarily hard in college. Those two things are what scare me away from spending a top-ten draft pick on the guy. I don't care if he's never complained- would you if you were trying to do everything you could to catch pro eyeballs pitching in the Rain Belt?

He's still a better choice than a high-school position player in my book, though.
    Last edited by Doc. Scott; 06-01-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc. Scott
    No, I don't have that kind of bias. But I did watch his rather violent pitching motion. Plus, he's been worked extraordinarily hard in college. Those two things are what scare me away from spending a top-ten draft pick on the guy.

He's still a better choice than a high-school position player in my book, though.
    Yeah, he's unorthodox, no question. But thats why I like him. haha.. shades of Dontrelle Willis - in regards to being unorthodox.

You are right though, he has had a heavy workload. In any case, if we drafted him, I would hope he would just sit for the rest of the season, and get his first taste of pitching in '07.

-Hunter S. Thompson

Turn Off Ads?