Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheffield placed on DL

Sheffield placed on DL

Yankees placed outfielder Gary Sheffield on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to Tuesday, with a torn ligament and dislocated tendon in his left wrist.
    The dislocated tendon shouldn't take as much time as the ligament, but it's not going to help his recovery any. While the Yankees have yet to comment, it seems very possible that Sheffield will miss the bulk of the remainder of the season. Jun. 1 - 7:09 pm
    You thinking what I'm thinking?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sheffield placed on DL

Yet again - Here comes the Kearns/Griffey/Dunn/Deno/Aurilla/McCracken/Freel rumors to New York?
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

No I was only thinking Griffey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

got alil captain in u?

that yankee outfield was putrid tonite cabrera in left damon in center and long in right all with average arms damon the only one who is good at the plate i'd be running on them left and right on balls hit to the outfield

They can have Q, free of charge.
    Go Gators!

Well if REDSZONE is willing to deal away Junior's rbis it proves to me that REDSZONE is not about the REDS winning but making sure the REDS have the right stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    Well if REDSZONE is willing to deal away Junior's rbis it proves to me that REDSZONE is not about the REDS winning but making sure the REDS have the right stats.
    The interesting thing about what you said is that we saw what happens to the Reds lineup when there are some big cogs missing... and you're kidding yourself if you think that Griff isn't a big cog in this lineup. Hitters start pressing, and slumps happen. Sure it happens even when Griff is in the line up, but it started when he was on the DL. Yeah, Aurillia being out was another big reason, but hitters feel like they have to pick up more of the slack when Griff is out, and personally, I don't think Denorfia fills those shoes. Just something I have thought about, added with the fact of how do you think the players would react to trading Griffey. Do you really think they would view it as helping the team? That is an often overlooked factor in trades... knowing that sometimes team chemistry really is over rated, but not always.

now is the time for us to possibly make a trade with the Bronx bombers. I know this is going to upset a lot of people but here is my proposal.

Reds trade: Adam Dunn

Yanks trade:Phillip Hughes-19yrs old AA prospect RSP
    Melky Cabrera-21yrs old ML of
    Scott Proctor-29yrs old Middle reliever

Reds then place Cabrera as their lf to platoon with freel and get one of the top pitching prospects in the game in Hughes. Proctor provides some much needed bullpen depth and is in his prime to only get better.

I know the Reds give up a lot in Dunn, but it allows us to reload with young talent and still be able to keep guys like Lopez,EE,Kearns,Harang,Arroyo,and Coffey for a long time. Eventually Dunn will be overpriced, and to be honest I would rather have a guy like Jason Bay than Dunn, Bay is the better all around player. Remember not too long ago the A's dumped Hudson and Mulder, and got a boatload of young talent in return, I see this trade as such.

this trade allows us to go after a couple of high priced Fa's at the end of the season to fill some holes.

If I'm Wayne Krivsky, I do nothing to help the Yankees because the Yankees have nothing that will help me.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

They yanks do have the bottomless budget, if they want to pay all of JR's deal it would be something to look at.
    Go Gators!

So what it comes down to no matter how Junior performs as long as you get rid of his salary its all good. I have to disagree there as I don't think there is a erplacement for his production and the difference he makes to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed
    The interesting thing about what you said is that we saw what happens to the Reds lineup when there are some big cogs missing... and you're kidding yourself if you think that Griff isn't a big cog in this lineup. Hitters start pressing, and slumps happen. Sure it happens even when Griff is in the line up, but it started when he was on the DL. Yeah, Aurillia being out was another big reason, but hitters feel like they have to pick up more of the slack when Griff is out, and personally, I don't think Denorfia fills those shoes. Just something I have thought about, added with the fact of how do you think the players would react to trading Griffey. Do you really think they would view it as helping the team? That is an often overlooked factor in trades... knowing that sometimes team chemistry really is over rated, but not always.

Just curious ok ? But do you honestly see the Red's contending for the playoffs with a healthy lineup for say now till the year 2008 in there current construction?

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    So what it comes down to no matter how Junior performs as long as you get rid of his salary its all good. I have to disagree there as I don't think there is a erplacement for his production and the difference he makes to the team.
    With JR at his best this team is a .500 ballclub, does it really matter of we lost a few more and maybe build for the future?

Besides, I'd love to see JR get a shot at a ring with the yanks or some other playoff bound team.
    Go Gators!

In a situation like this you demand a king's ransom ... now the question is do the Yanks have one to pay? Is this an opportunity to explore - no question and I have little doubt that WayneK will check it out.

Jr has no long term future worth for the Reds and I would have no problem seeing him go, as long as the deal was a legit one. If Hughes was involved I couldn't care less what else was involved.

Dunn is a different story. Homegrown guy, on his way to 500 or 600 HRs. Though his average is in the tank, I love having the guy around.

There is no way Proctor would be traded this year. Torre is heavily reliant on him right now. I could see Cabrera going. Hughes is a different story. I could see the Yanks holding onto him b/c he is their biggest bullet. For a Miguel Cabrera or Willis deal.

Turn Off Ads?