Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Torii Hunter seeks to make a difference

Re: Torii Hunter seeks to make a difference

well to be fair, the circus or a snoop concert don't happen 81 times a year either.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    ah yes, I see that now. Did your family love you?

j/k
    My childhood was a little more freedom based than most, that said my wifes wasn't by any stretch... she and her friends used to go downtown at age 13 and talk to homeless people. They wanted to know what and why and they weren't getting the answers they liked in the suburbs.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    well to be fair, the circus or a snoop concert don't happen 81 times a year either.
    Ah but we can dream.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

Just wondering if the "few" white-American in the NBA said/did the same thing these black-Americans in MLB are saying/doing; what would the world reaction be? Or if David Sterns would say he is concerned about the number of white players in the league? I can tell you it would be ugly!

If MLB is concerned about 13% of the population "only" making up 8% of the roster when why isn't the NBA concerned when whites make up 65%(?) of the population yet only make up 5%(?) of the players in the league.

The NFL has a similar ratio and there is no concern there also.

The way I see it people do (play) what they want and enjoy and it not just blacks that are not interested in playing baseball it all inter-city kids. It just so happens that many blacks live in the inter-city.

I personally like that these players are tying to help the youth get into baseball I would just rather see it presented as trying to help bring baseball "back" to the inter-city not just to blacks.

Quote Originally Posted by 4256 Hits
    I personally like that these players are tying to help the youth get into baseball I would just rather see it presented as trying to help bring baseball "back" to the inter-city not just to blacks.
    The point is, that's NOT why they're trying to do. Thus, if they said that, it would be a lie. They are specifically trying to get more black children interested in the game.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Just because the NFL and NBA aren't concerned about the number of whites in their respective sports does not mean the baseball players named in the article are wrong to be concerned regarding their sport. It's a conscious choice and obviously one they feel strongly about.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?