Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

With the 79th pick in the draft, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays take
    Dustin Dickerson 3b/1b, HS

doug is on the clock.

2. Turn Off Ads?

With the 80th pick of the 2006 MLB FYP draft the Pittsburgh Pirates Select RHP Cory Rasmus, Russell County HS, AL

Traderumor is on the clock.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I would be glad to make some picks for people if you guys need some help.
    You can have my next A's pick if you want it.

With the 81st overall pick in the draft, TR and the Mariners select Sean Watson, rhp, Tennessee.

Doc Scott is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    You can have my next A's pick if you want it.
    cool with me. that should be #98.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Doc sent his pick to me and had this to say: I wanted a projectable pitcher that was as large as possible. I was thinking of someone who could achieve Big Nasty Bastard status.

With the 82nd pick, the Tigers select First choice is Nathan Karns, RHP, James Martin HS (Texas). 6-foot-5/225#. Not as highly touted as other Texas prepsters, but he's a football star with good velocity and surprisingly good secondary pitches. Speed could increase when he gives up the gridiron.

M2 is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

M2 sent his pick to me also.

With the 83rd overall pick, the Red Sox select Aaron Bates, 1B, N.C. State.

My Reds are next...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

With the 84th overall pick in the 2006 draft, the Reds finally unveil their secret pick that I've been waiting to make all day by selecting Ryan Strieby, 1B, University of Kentucky.

Strieby is the SEC player of the year after hitting .341/.471/.707 with 20 home runs and 45 walks in 229 atbats this. At 6'6" and 235, he reminds me of Rockies prospect Ryan Shealy, or a right handed Dunn.

http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php...ticle_id=15812

This pick may be considered a slight overdraft...but I love his bat.

Gallen5862 is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

I drafted a player already drafted. Sorry.
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 06-04-2006 at 10:30 PM.

Hodges has already been picked at #51.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Thanks will pick again.

With the 85th pick the Orioles select Wade LeBlanc, LHP, Alabama.
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ev...Name&sp=L&pg=1

Wade Leblanc U Alabama Tuscaloosa LHP L/L 6'3" 190 1984-08-07 JR 350K
    Comments: A polished college lefty who goes right after hitters. His fastball barely touches 90 and he's got a big slow curve to go along with it. The National Freshman of the Year, he has bounced back from an injury-plagued sophomore season (bruised collarbone) to pitch effectively in 2006.
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 06-04-2006 at 10:34 PM.

Everyone send their picks to rdiersin tonight if you have to. I won't be available until tomorrow morning.

Topcat is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Ok my first pick i am making now second is gonna need about 10 mins ok?

Diamondbacks in there continuing trend to develop pitchers and fill the rest of the holes thru free agency and trades select. Blair Erickson p uc-irvine
    Vital Stats- 6'1", 210, 10/28/1984

What Is My Background?- Although I didn't play a single game in my senior season of high school due to an ankle injury, I was still rated the 51st best draft prospect for the 2003 class and drafted in the 28th round by the Phillies. Why? At the time my 91-93 mph fastball and developed slider were highly rated. As a Freshman at Irvine, I instantly gained national prominence. I became the NCAA leader in saves with 17, and flashed the stuff that had scouts talking the previous summer.

What Do You Need To Know About Me?- Over the last two years, my stuff has become even more lethal The fastball that used to sit in the low 90's now is consistently in the mid-90's. BA rated it as the best in the Big West. My slider which, was considered a solid pitch coming out of high school, is now considered to be a potential out pitch in the majors. Although my control came and went my sophomore year, I had no trouble missing bats. My 13.37 K/9 IP would have placed me 2nd in the NCAA if I had the necessary innings qualifications. Led by my 1.80 ERA, I limited opponents to only 16 hits in the 35 innings I pitched. I am the highest ranked college reliever in this year's draft. And I could see myself getting picked in the mid-teens if a team wants to go cheap.

MLB Comparison- Brad Lidge (a middle-classed man's version

Turn Off Ads?