Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Hey kids - I am gonna be gone from 7:30 to 1 or so and I pick 21, so I might hold this thing up. But its Friday night and I ain't staying in just for this. There's beer to be imbibed.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

The Chicago Cubs after firing arm killer Dusty and informing their fans it would be nice if they didn't act like idiots select Bill Rowell IF Bishop Eustace Prep, Pennsauken, N.J
    Go Gators!

puffy, maybe you could PM your pick to OBM or your 3 or 4 picks you are looking at taking in that spot?

No worries, Puffy.

Steel just sent me a PM stating that he can't make his pick until around 10:00 tonight. We still have all weekend to complete the draft.

I'll be gone from 10 tonight to 6 tomorrow morning but you guys can go ahead and carry on without me.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Steel is on the clock but like I said, it will be a while.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

With the 14th pick in the 2006 MLB entry draft, the Toronto Blue Jays select:

Clayton Kershaw, lhp, Highland Park HS, Dallas TX
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

With the 15th pick in the MLB Amatuer Entry Draft, the Washington Nationals select:

Kyle Drabek, RHP/SS, The Woodlands HS, Woodlands TX
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 06-03-2006 at 12:53 AM.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Brewers select Brooks Brown RHP University of Georgia
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

rdiersin is on the clock followed by Stewie.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

With the 17th pick in the draft, the San Diego Padres take Brett Sinkbeil, RHP Missouri St

EDIT: To put in the pick #
    Last edited by rdiersin; 06-03-2006 at 10:05 AM.

Posting on behalf of Stewie via pm:

The Phillies select Brett Anderson, lhp, Stillwater OK HS (18)
    Last edited by SandyD; 06-03-2006 at 09:52 AM.

Let's please put the pick numbers up with those selections, makes it easier for me (and others) to track my turn (which is way down the line)

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    With the 14th pick in the 2006 MLB entry draft, the Toronto Blue Jays select:

Clayton Kershaw, lhp, Highland Park HS, Dallas TX
    I am so proud of you steel!

With the 19th overall pick in the 2006 Amateur Draft, The Florida Marlins select catcher Hyun "Hank" Conger from Huntington Beach HS.

On a side note, here is my writeup on him I did for maverickball.com:
    Born Hyun Conger, his grandfather gave him the nickname of “Hank” after the Hall of Famer Hank Aaron. Hank has lived up to his nickname’s billing so far as he is one of the more intriguing power prospects in the draft. The switch-hitting catcher put himself on the map 6 years ago when he hit 34 homeruns for his Huntington Beach Little League team and brought them within 1 win of the Little League World Series. After a weak year defensively his junior year, scouts wondered if he could actually stick behind the plate. With lots of practice with Brent Mayne, he has turned himself into a solid backstop. He showed great footwork, and improved arm strong his senior year and got enough good vibes going with the scouts that he could stick behind the plate in his future. Eventually, Hank may move out from behind the plate to one of the corner infield spots, but at that point, his bat might be worthy of those positions anyway. Still known most for his bat, Hank hit .449 with 11 homeruns, 7 doubles, and 1 triple this season at Huntington Beach HS. Right now, Conger is compared to A’s prospect Daric Barton with more power, but slightly less hitting ability. In all seriousness, where do I sign? The Marlins havent had a legit hitting catching prospect in the minors since Charles Johnson way back in 1992. Sure, Josh Willingham was considered a catching prospect but he only played there because he was blocked at every other position. Last season the Marlins drafted Nevada Wolfpack standout Brett Hayes in the 2nd round but he is more of a Mike Redmond than a Charles Johnson. If Kyle Drabek has already been selected, and assuming Drew Stubbs isnt still on the board, you got to think that the Marlins may take a shot at having a hitting catcher in the system, something they are missing.
    woo woo woo, you know it

On behalf of Betterread:

Pick 20:

The Twins select: Travis Snider, OF, Washington HS

Turn Off Ads?