Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

With the 8th overall pick in the 2006 draft, the Reds select Brandon Morrow, RHP, University of California.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-ba...tiveStats.html
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Gallen5862 is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Woohoo. We got Morrow!

Oh wait.. nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    With the 8th overall pick in the 2006 draft, the Reds select Brandon Morrow, RHP, University of California.

http://calbears.cstv.com/sports/m-ba...tiveStats.html
    If if actually plays out like this I think the Reds would take Reynolds(non Boras).
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

BTW, I have the 16th pick(Brewers) and I will be unavailable from 5:45 til around 8:00 most likely so if you are waiting I am letting you know.
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

The Orioles with pick # 9 select Greg Reynolds, rhp, Stanford
    http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/ev...=lastName&sp=R
    Gregory Reynolds Stanford U RHP R/R 6'7" 220 1985-07-03 JR
    Comments: No one moved up the charts late in the season more than the him. He beat fellow draft classers Brandon Morrow and Tim Lincecum to work his way into top 10 cconsideration. His fastball sits in the low 90s and couples it with his breaking ball.
    http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...ynolds-1.shtml

Pitching Statistics
    Year Team Name League Age Org. Level W L ERA G GS CG SHO GF SV IP H R ER HR BB SO WP BK h9 hr9 w9 k9 whip

2004 Stanford U. NCAA NCAA 4 1 6.00 11 5 0 0 0 27.0 30 21 18 4 12 15 3 10.00 1.33 4.00 5.00 1.56
    2005 Stanford U. NCAA 0 NCAA 2 3 5.08 22 5 0 0 0 51.1 51 36 29 4 17 51 4 1 8.94 0.70 2.98 8.94 1.32
    Last edited by Gallen5862; 06-03-2006 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    BTW, I have the 16th pick(Brewers) and I will be unavailable from 5:45 til around 8:00 most likely so if you are waiting I am letting you know.
    No problem. I doubt we'll make it that far by 8:00 anyway.

Steel picks at #14... and I haven't seen him on for awhile. I remember him saying earlier in the week that he may not be able to make(that's when we thought the draft was going to be Monday), so who knows if he'll be here.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-02-2006 at 05:06 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

After a long wait, cincinnati chili is now on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

The San Francisco Giants, being of sound mind and body, select Matt Sulentic cf/ss/2b (L-R) from Hillcrest High School in Dallas, Texas.

(from Sonsofsamhorn and elsewhere) What Do You Need to Know About Me?- Some scouts and baseball people have remarked that I have the strongest hand/wrists they have ever seen. Where does this come from? The strict schedule of 7 intense workout sessions each week. 3 times a week at 5:30 in the morning and 4 times a week at 8 o'clock at night. I take over 1000 swings a week, which include using my two free periods during the school day to drive to the batting cages and work on my stroke. Yes, I am the baseball equivalent of a gym rat. Because I don't have superior size, I will always have to work harder than my peers to stay on top. This season, I am gaining recognition from those peers. Fellow Texas A&M recruit Clayton Kershaw, who also figures to go in the top 10 picks, calls me the best hitter he has ever seen. This year, my senior season, everything came together. I have been pounding the balls to all fields. I won the Texas 4-A triple crown, batting .676 with 19 HR and 58 RBI. The only other player to do that in recent memory is Texas Rangers rookie, Jason Stokes. Though I have played outfield in high school, many scouts think I will be moved to 2B in the pros. Wherever I play, I will hit.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Chilli . I thought you were going to pop in at the last minute and sign Michael Tucker, thus giving up your first round pick.

Topcat is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Arizona Diamondbacks select - Daniel Bard/rhp/NorthCarolina

Reds Fanatic is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

With the 12th pick overall the Texas Rangers select Joba Chamberlain RHP, Nebraska

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/playe...mberlain.shtml

krono is on the clock...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Starter. Some feel he will end up as a closer due to his short stature, but I think he stays as a starter. I've heard him compared to Roy Oswalt due to his size, mid 90's fastball, and great curveball. MLB.com thinks the Reds will draft him, which would thrill the hell out of me.
    Scott Kazmir had the same knock as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?