Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Switching infielders might cut Reds' errors

Re: Switching infielders might cut Reds' errors

IMO, the Reds in no way have the pitching to justify moving EE from 3B in the name of contending this year.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

2. Turn Off Ads?

How do we know he'd be a good 1st baseman?
    Off the top of my head, George Scott, Dan Driessen, Steve Garvey,and Albert Pujols all made the move and proved to be Gold Glove caliber fielders. It isn't an uncommon move for young third basemen.

IMO, the Reds in no way have the pitching to justify moving EE from 3B in the name of contending this year.
    This front office and ownership has shown they want to contend. I believe Encarnacion would get more at bats and feel less pressure if he were to move to first. Why isn't he not starting tonight versus the Cards? I bet it has more to do with those errors a than his bat.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

It's because we have a manager/GM? who love old guys, same reason Q is still on the roster.

EE will be a fine 3rd baseman, trashing the future on a win now plan will lead to big time failure

IMO
    Last edited by KronoRed; 06-05-2006 at 09:51 PM.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Why isn't he not starting tonight versus the Cards? I bet it has more to do with those errors a than his bat.
    That's working out well isn't it?
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Well, hopefully the infield defense improves. Surely, it can't get get any worse.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Well, hopefully the infield defense improves. Surely, it can't get get any worse.

that we can all agree on.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    It's because we have a manager/GM? who love old guys, same reason Q is still on the roster.

EE will be a fine 3rd baseman, trashing the future on a win now plan will lead to big time failure

IMO
    Aint that the truth.

If Edwin had made the throwing error RA did in the first inning Marty would still be harping on it.
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 06-06-2006 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    If Edwin had made the throwing error RA did in the first inning Marty would still be harping on it.
    As would half of RZ
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?