Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wagner's improving

Wagner's improving

Noticed Wagner's ERA has fallen about a point in the last week or so. Does anyone know how to get box scores to see what he's been doing the last few appearances? I'm really hoping here I know, but maybe he's turning things around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wagner's improving

As far as seeing the box scores, go to http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com

and you'll see a heading with a link for schedules. If you click on that you'll see Louisville listed and they have the box scores from the games played this year.

got alil captain in u?

good it needs to continue dropping and his confidence needs to raise as his ERA falls

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Wagner let in an inherited run, walked a guy, and hit a guy last night. Only Chris Denorfia gunning down Hee Seop Choi at the plate (with the ball) saved the Louisville win and Wagner's bacon.

But yeah, his ERA went down.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yet in May he isnt even striking out 4.5 guys per 9 innings. In April he was striking out 10+ per 9. Walks are about the same, but his WHIP is at 2 for the month of May.

Never mind. On closer look in his last 5 appearances he's pitched 4 2/3 scoreless innings but he's given up 5 hits and 2 bb's. Not lights out yet.

I know there were talks about making him a starter a few years ago. I wonder if that might be something to think about. Of course it could just turn out to be a number 1 draft pick going bad like most other picks with the exception Wagner was rushed to the majors and he actually has some experience. I believe if he was not rushed, he would have never seen the majors to this point.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

He needs to improve his way to the majors...

Turn Off Ads?