Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Welcome back Zack Greinke!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Welcome back Zack Greinke!

Zack Greinke will start tonight for the Witchita Wranglers, which is the Royals AA affiliate. For those who dont know, Zach has not played in a game this year after leaving ST for personal reasons that he needed to deal with.
    Hope Zack does real well tonight.

Re: Welcome back Zack Greinke!

I just read an article about how far the Royals have fallen since 2003. I didn't realize that Greinke had not been with the team until reading that article. Not that it's anyone's business, but has there been any word on what the "personal" reasons might have been?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan74
    I just read an article about how far the Royals have fallen since 2003. I didn't realize that Greinke had not been with the team until reading that article. Not that it's anyone's business, but has there been any word on what the "personal" reasons might have been?
    Word is it was psychological problems. He has been seeing a sports psychologist. The Royals have been pretty secretive about the whole thing. Which is good.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan74
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showt...t=zach+greinke

This was a post discussing his situation from awhile ago. It should shed some light on it at least.

Well I doubt pitching again for the Royals will build his confidence back up.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Zack pitched pretty well last night.
    5 innings, 4 hits, 1 run, 1 walk, 1 strikeout and he picked up the win.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 06-03-2006 at 10:58 AM.

Be nice if Krivsky could swing a deal with KC and get Greinke,of course he's '' untouchable''the Royals used to claim.As pitiful as their team is,no one should be untouchable.

Of course Greinke has psychological problems. Being brought along in the Royals' system will do that to anyone. They've never met a pitching prospect they couldn't break.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Good luck to the kid.
    Go Gators!

Whenever I hear the Royals mentioned, I think of how they destroyed Jose Rosado.

Ticks me off.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?