Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Worst Baseball Movies

Worst Baseball Movies

I'm just curious if there is any worse baseball movie out there than The Babe with John Goodman. Maybe Ed with Matt LeBlanc, but those are the worst two I can think of.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Worst Baseball Movies

Some have listed Bang The Drum Slowly as one of the best, but when I watched it a couple of months ago, I realize how dated it is (it was made as a contemporary story to the 70's, rather than as a period piece in the 50's). It's such a great story, I'd love it if someone would remake it. I wouldn't categorize it as the worst though.

Can he be stopped?

I wasn't particularly enamored with Bull Durham... but thats just me. However, I did like most of the baseball parts of the movie, but the storyline otherwise sucked.

My favorite baseball movies of all time: Major League 1 and 2. Bob Uecker and whoever plays Ceranno are hilarious, and Wes Snipes as Willy Mayes Hayes is great.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Reds reccord when I attend in 2007: 6-1

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44
    whoever plays Ceranno
    Dennis Haysbert of 24 and the All-State commercials
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I think the worse one was the movie with a ficticious guy who is on the Atlanta Braves breaking the homerun record of 62 homers.. i cant remeber the name but it was lame..

Can he be stopped?

Rookie of the Year was also horrible, but it had a pre-roids Bonds, which made me laugh when I saw it recently, and that guy from Home Alone is so goofy as the pitching coach.

What ever happened to Danny Glover? He did that and Angels in the Outfield, and suddenly its as if he cant have a role other than baseball manager...
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Dunner44

What ever happened to Danny Glover? He did that and Angels in the Outfield, and suddenly its as if he cant have a role other than baseball manager...
    SAW...and Glover wasn't the manager in ROY...not sure who that guy was

Can he be stopped?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    SAW...and Glover wasn't the manager in ROY...not sure who that guy was

SAW was good, i forgot about that. The triumphant return of Cary Elwes... the only other movie I saw him in after The Princess Brie was Glory. Looks like Albert Hall was the ROTY skipper.... never heard of him, but he does a fair Danny Glover.
    Tom Shearn... who knew?

Angels in the Outfield? The kid who can suddenly pitch or something? I didn't see it but the premiss is stupid.
    a super volcano of ridonkulous suckitude.

I simply don't have access to a "cares about RBI" place in my psyche. There is a "mildly curious about OBI%" alcove just before the acid filled lake guarded by robot snipers with lasers which leads to the "cares about RBI" antechamber though. - Nate

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner
    Angels in the Outfield? The kid who can suddenly pitch or something? I didn't see it but the premiss is stupid.
    That was Rookie of the Year. Angels in the Outfield was the remake (before remakes were cool) where a kid thinks he can get his family back together if the Angels win the pennant and gets the assistance of real life angels to help the team win.

Little useless movie fact: Danny Glover's character in Angels in the OF was a former player for the Cincinnati Reds. I got chill bumps when a person in the movie said something to the extent of your not in Cincinnati anymore...We dont expect you to win every game. I also always thought it would be awsome if all the fans in LA would have started doing the angel arm flap thing during the WS in 2002.

The Slugger's Wife. Really, really bad.

Major League 3
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Major League 3
    I haven't even viewed this one. The concept was too ridiculous for me.

2 was also bad
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?