Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Pics From 06/02/06 Dayton Dragons Game (Jay Bruce & B.J. Symanski Included)

Pics From 06/02/06 Dayton Dragons Game (Jay Bruce & B.J. Symanski Included)

With the Reds on a long roadtrip and in Houston this weekend, a couple buddies and I decided to head north to take in the Dragons game tonight. Dayton did lose 3-2, but that didn't stop me from grabbing some pics from the game, and I've got a few decent shots of Jay Bruce and B.J. Symanski included in the stash.

I figured most of the people who have never had the opportunity to see Bruce or Symanski play may enjoy these!

Jay Bruce

B.J. Symanski

General Game Shots

The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Pics From 06/02/06 Dayton Dragons Game (Jay Bruce & B.J. Symanski Included)

thanks a lot. seen them plenty, but still awesome to see. great quality too

Great pictures Cyclone! thanks
    Go Gators!

What a beautiful ballpark. I've got to attend a game there soon.

Great pics! I'll probably be there tonight and tomorrow afternoon!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Great pics, Cyclone, Thanks very much.
    Geez, Bruce looks like a monster out there.

I would definitely recommend anybody in the Cincy area or any other area within reasonable driving distance to take in a Dragons game in Dayton sometime, and like OBM said, the ballpark is absolutely gorgeous.

And MrC, you're right about Bruce looking like a monster, especially when also considering that he's a few years younger than most of the other guys on the field with him. You can just look at the guy and tell that he's just an incredibly gifted athlete.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

I've only seen 3 minor league parks(including the pics from Dayton,) but should we stop discounting errors by minor leaguers due to " bad fields"

The three parks I've seen all seem to have almost Major League quality fields.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red
    I've only seen 3 minor league parks(including the pics from Dayton,) but should we stop discounting errors by minor leaguers due to " bad fields"

for daytons you can. now they have their rough times, but most the time, that field is immaculate

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    for daytons you can. now they have their rough times, but most the time, that field is immaculate
    Looked great today!
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red

MLB mandated that minor league fields be updated about 5 years ago. Of course, with as much money as there is to be made in the MiLB industry, so many teams have gotten new parks (with top of the line playing surfaces) in the past few years.

Dayton's head groundskeeper has won several awards for his efforts, too. Their yard is as good as any you'll find.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?