Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs and Cards

Cubs and Cards

Hancock is up with the bases loaded one out in the bottom of the 12. Tie Game
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs and Cards

And he strikes out looking.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

And I was so in the wrong fourm and just noticed.

Jockstocks Homepage

Did LaRussa micromanage himself into that mess? The Cards will probably win anyway and George Will won't write a word about it.

Man Pills

Hancock's been put in an incredibly untenable position, yet he's acquitting himself brilliantly.

But he's fat.

Cubs take the lead!

Jockstocks Homepage

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Both wainright and johnson face only 1 batter. Hancock gave up the possibly winning run in his 4th inning of work.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Cubs win 5-4 in the 14th.

Four games back. I'll take it.

You can't micromanage your way out of win like that. The Sox, A's and Cardinals have blessed this guy with good players for his entire career and he has underachieved. When will the luster wear off this guy? Maybe when the Cards look back on the era of Pujols, Edmonds, Carpenter and Rolen and realize they have spent more than a decade spinning their wheels.

and I turned that game off when the cards were up 4-2.

bummer.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala

You can't micromanage your way out of win like that. The Sox, A's and Cardinals have blessed this guy with good players for his entire career and he has underachieved. When will the luster wear off this guy? Maybe when the Cards look back on the era of Pujols, Edmonds, Carpenter and Rolen and realize they have spent more than a decade spinning their wheels.
    Not entirely the case. I'm not a huge fan of LaRussa, but he does a great job in getting the most out of everyone on the 25 man roster. He has had a ton of injuries to deal with and he somehow always get's the best out of whoever he is forced into playing.

He does overmanage at times and he isn't the best manager alive, but I think he sometimes get's a bad rap from fans.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala

The way Rolen and Edmonds have played so far this season, does this really look like a team that should be in 1st place?

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    The way Rolen and Edmonds have played so far this season, does this really look like a team that should be in 1st place?
    Uh. Rolen has a .956 OPS this season. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Uh. Rolen has a .956 OPS this season. I have no idea what you're talking about.
    Rolen has been on fir recently, but his OPS was hovering in the low to mid .800's until about a week ago. Edmonds has an OPS of .724, and is injured now. Are you saying that the Cardinals line-up looks like the line-up of a 1st place team?

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Rolen has been on fir recently, but his OPS was hovering in the low to mid .800's until about a week ago. Edmonds has an OPS of .724, and is injured now. Are you saying that the Cardinals line-up looks like the line-up of a 1st place team?
    Any lineup with Pujols and Rolen in it should be considered a lineup capable of being in first.

Turn Off Ads?