Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: Let's all take a deep breath (everyone please read)

Re: Let's all take a deep breath (everyone please read)

Heck, I even repped BF a few times when he posted something close to thought provoking.
    Me, too... Let's not forget that all of us were new to this board at one time. Heck, one of my first post, I called someone "crazy" because of a differing opinion. The next post was TeamBoone basically telling me that type of post is not allowed on the board. I was upset but cooled off to keep on posting. I also remember others who I thought for sure would be banned for life, but they turned around and became valuable members of the board.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    Me too.
    Me three or four...but I've really had to stop myself from negging people for unsubstantiated Yankee hating!

(I've never negged anybody actually...I think it would take something really offensive for me to do that.)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I know Boss put up a sticky at one time; but is there a place on the forum that fully explains the rep system to those of us on ORG who don't really understand how it works and how it is to be utilized?

What are the rules and stipulations as to how rep pts can be issued?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden
    .....or to think our own opinions must go unchallenged just because we believe them to be true.

There is no need of repair here. Please, Let It Be.
    Ummm.....Ron that would be an opinion, would it not? The very existence of this thread says that there is a need of repair here.

Rem

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by remdog
    Ummm.....Ron that would be an opinion, would it not? The very existence of this thread says that there is a need of repair here.

Rem
    It only means there was a need to dicuss the possbility of a need for repair.

Now that people have a better feel for the situation, both Live and ORG posters, we'll get a chance to see if there is need of repair or not. :

GL

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I know Boss put up a sticky at one time; but is there a place on the forum that fully explains the rep system to those of us on ORG who don't really understand how it works and how it is to be utilized?

What are the rules and stipulations as to how rep pts can be issued?
    This was the best I could find:

A new forum will in turn be created, dubbed Reds Live! Within this forum, a built-in vBulletin (the forum software the site uses) reputation system will be created. This allows for members with Old Red Guard posting access to rate a poster who does not have access to the main forum, based solely on the quality of their posts in the Reds Live! forum. Once a user's reputation ranking reaches 200 points, he or she will be free to post in the primary forum, if they wish. Additionally, a user must meet some basic minimum requirements: being a registered member for at least 30 days and at least 60 posts. A poster can lose ORG access if his or her reputation level drops below 100 points.
    and this

Members are able to assign reputation values depending upon his or her reputation power. Reputation power is derived from multiple factors - not all members assign the same value. For each year a member has been registered as a member of this site, they receive 1 power point. For every 4000 posts a member has made, they receive 1 power point. For every 150 reputation points a member has accumulated, they receive 1 power point. A member may be ranked both positively and negatively. This will, in effect, allow the community to moderate itself. Negative reputation only detracts HALF of what a positive reputation remark adds to a user's score.

Users with the ability to give out reputation to other users are allotted two daily reputation clicks. This is purposely set low to encourage the user leaving reputation to put some degree of thought into whether or not a given post truly deserves positive or negative reputation. Finally, to prevent reputation inflation, a user with the ability to leave reputation must spread reputation to 15 unique users before he or she can leave reputation for the same user again.

The Old Red Guard and Reds Live! will follow the simple mission statement RedsZone had upon its creation: "Intelligent baseball discussion. Quality over quantity."
    Here: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35437

Ah I wondered why when I gave rep it isn't very much! I need more posts! Emoticon posts, here I come!!! :

(Wow, i have put more thought into this than I probably should.)
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I would recommend duping the above thread/post and keeping it a permanent sticky on Reds Live or ORG. I don't think many people know it is there and you can only get to it (as far as I know) from the opening page of the board, which few people visit. (My books marks are directly for RL and ORG)

Edit: Actually you can get it in the Archives... but it is still a little out of the way.

... positive reputation should only be given for a poster making what YOU consider to be a quality post that adds value to the board. Reputation should not be given because a user asks for it, because you know the user personally/like him or her, or because the user has been around for a while, or ANY reasoning along these lines. Conversely, negative reputation should not be given as a way of handling personal disputes - only if the post violates the core values of what this site is all about. The rules, posted at the bottom of every page, are a good guideline as to what is, and isn't, acceptable.
    Found another post in The Archives dealing with rep... who knew you could find good stuff there

Here: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43963

BTW, the default in the Archives only shows the last months worth of threads and that usually misses most of the good ones.

Quote Originally Posted by vaticanplum
    Emoticon posts, here I come!!! :
    Well done
    Go Gators!

Question:

Does all draft pick signings threads, and transactions involving washed up major league pitchers at AAA go in the Down on the Farm forum?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Question:

Does all draft pick signings threads, and transactions involving washed up major league pitchers at AAA go in the Down on the Farm forum?
    I would think so, since it involves the goings on of the minor league teams.
    Go Gators!

WARNING: OFF TOPIC

KronoRed, I just noticed your post total. 43,258?!?! I am pretty new so I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Have you ever been accused of "juicing" your posts ala Bonds at the plate? Should their be some sort of 'roid investigation into your past performance?

Perhaps a change to the name of BalcoRed is in order.....

Hey! I'm 100% clean! and anyone who says differently is ANTI-Krono!

Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Ltlabner

KronoRed, I just noticed your post total. 43,258?!?! I am pretty new so I guess I just wasn't paying attention. Have you ever been accused of "juicing" your posts ala Bonds at the plate? Should their be some sort of 'roid investigation into your past performance?
    LOL, he's been accused of that numerous times.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?