Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's all take a deep breath (everyone please read)

Re: Let's all take a deep breath (everyone please read)

Perhpas we could install a "time" rule upon registering at the site? Maybe a newbie would have to wait a certain number of days or weeks before they could post-- even after signing up. That way, they could still follow the board, see how things work, and post once they've become a little more acclimated?
    Interesting idea....
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    A better option IMO for the rep system would be to turn the viewing of the number off and also the green bars, nobody is going to get upset about a number they can't see, then the system will have to be used the way it was intended, to give reps for good posts and negs for bad ones, no "Well lemme rep him over 200" because nobody will have any idea where everyone is at.

Just a thought.
    I agree with Krono, I like this idea.

I like the two game threads.

I like the idea of hiding rep points.

My first thought today when I saw all of this: Maybe it would be a good time to take down the board for 24-hours. Maintenance.

There are so many different ideas of what this forum should be that it's quite a challenge to the mods to keep it in check.

Thanks for the initial feedback everyone.

How bout separate forums for optimists and pessimists.

Leading league in hotness

Compared to other boards, this is a great board. I enjoy being on here, and check it many a time throughout the day.

The two game-threads are extremely annoying though. I used to come here all the time during games becuase the atmosphere in the game-thread was great. But now the Reds Live! thread is deserted, and it's so boring to be there, so I no longer come during games.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    Actually in either 2001 or 2002 RedsZone had two separate game threads that were separate just that way... [I didn't like it then and I don't like the separate game thread now... : ]
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by AvesIce51
    I would like Rep points hidden as many people mentioned.
    This is an excellent idea, in my opinion. Perhaps I'm a bit overly-sensitive, but on more than one occasion I shy away from discussion because talking heads with 2-6k posts are sharing their "insider" information in said thread. I mean, if the point of the RZ forums is to share knowledge about the Reds, and love of the game, and community spirit is the focus of this forum (is it?), then there's really no point in forcing the whole world to see your rep point count. Or your post count, for that matter. There are many forums out there now that are doing away with post counts for this very reason.

Actually, I don't find much different in the ORG and the Reds Live game threads. Not much of any action being reported in either. It would be better if we had something in "real time" like a chat feature. Than people who want to post "he gone", "multi-tasking", and "Deno would of caught that", etc. would have a place to release it without cluttering up the game thread.

Say what? There is a chat feature. Than, why not use it?

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    Actually in either 2001 or 2002 RedsZone had two separate game threads that were separate just that way... [I didn't like it then and I don't like the separate game thread now... : ]
    I think the main issues lately have been excessive negativity(we all realize the team is slumping) and some voices are probably overly shrill which grates when people are a little grumpy because the team is losing.

I was down there Sunday and I have been to a number of losing games this year but in the end I just love watching the game of baseball and the Reds and I never boo at the game. Baseball is an incredibly hard game to play and succeed at and it is much more apparent when you watch it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA
    Actually, I don't find much different in the ORG and the Reds Live game threads. Not much of any action being reported in either. It would be better if we had something in "real time" like a chat feature. Than people who want to post "he gone", "multi-tasking", and "Deno would of caught that", etc. would have a place to release it without cluttering up the game thread.

Say what? There is a chat feature. Than, why not use it?
    He Gone is when an opposing player strikes out.

Seems like reporting the action to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Old Red Guard Reject

First of all, I could care less about rep points. Because, I could care less what people think of me. Keep it, do away with it whatever.

My problem is certain topics that are deemed "beating the horse to death" are still topics of interest. Some issues will not go away. People complain about the same things everyday: taxes, traffic, Iraq, their job, etc. But nonetheless, they always have an audience because those are common issues that are important to a lot of people. Same with Dunn's Ks, George Grande, Dan O'Brien et al. Logically, people should have an outlet for these topics, even if they are redundant. If you want to have a separate forum or whatever, that's your call, but it shouldn't be outlawed or looked down upon. As mentioned, some new posters like to discuss these issues for the first time and other experienced posters like to rehash the same issues because they are important.

Lastly, sometimes I like to vent. I'm not a great writer and don't usually put things very eloquently. As you can tell, I sometimes ramble. However, I don't understand why people can't have a place to vent when frustrated about things associated with the Reds. It makes me feel better to vent with others who feel the same way. Is it possible to have a rant forum or special section where people can just say "Larue sucks" or " George Grande loves Edmonds" without having to go into a big, long explanation?

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    People who neg people for stuff like that should not be allowed to hand out negs. That's beyond ridiculous. That's not what the rep. system is about.
    I disagree. I'm far from a grammar Nazi, but it takes a fraction of a second to type and spell properly, and displays respect for everyone who reads what you've posted. People should be encouraged to write in proper English, and the rep system seems to be the only method of doing so.

The last thing we need is people posting in text-speak.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    No fair stumping for your own forum...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    Compared to other boards, this is a great board. I enjoy being on here, and check it many a time throughout the day.
    I don't think there is any other Reds board is there? Redszone pretty much has a monopoly.

Turn Off Ads?