Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Can you say statement series?

Can you say statement series?

Yes I know we have 1 more left against Houston (my boy EZ is pitching), but we are going to head into St. Louis at worst 4 games out. They are without Pujols (their entire offense), and we need to make a statement. Despite Claussen and Milton pitching we need to let the world know we are here to stay.

Go Reds!
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    got alil captain in u?

Re: Can you say statement series?

exactly ifeel the same way no pujols makes it alot easier on are staff

Pujols is injured and Edmonds is also injured.
    Edmonds has a "mild-to-moderate abdominal wall strain" according to yahoo.

Arroyo thinks so

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Let's hope the offense is clicking. Even a Cardinal team without those two guys is potent enough against our bullpen to make every game a challenge. And I'm not worried about the starting pitching. It's the bullpen. Tonight, we got excellent pitching from our starter -- allowing no earned runs and the bullpen made it close. Even St. Louis without those two guys can kill our bullpen.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

After what happened in Chicago, I think coming into Houston and winning the first two is something of a statement of itself. Hopefully instead of tanking from the top like they did in the 3rd game against Milwaukee on the last home stand, they will really go after the sweep today regardless of Oswalt being on the mound.

Of course it goes without saying that they need to go into StLouis with the same attitude and get at least 2.

IMO, the is no reason that the Reds shouldn't be in 1st place on Father's day. With Pujols and Carpenter on the DL, Edmonds hurting and Mulder struggling, the Cards are in trouble. They called up Timo Perez the other day. Carpenter could be back against the Reds, but who knows? Let's hope they wait until next weekend to activate him.

The Reds hurt themselves by letting the scrubs beat up on them and also failing to win the series with Philly, Pittsburgh, and Arizona.

Now is the time for Krivsky to start making moves to improve the club. We'll see how interested the FO is in winning right now, this is their opening, time to go for it.

OTOH, there is little chance the Reds win on Sunday against Oswalt, but they did beat him earlier in the year.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

They Reds have also beaten the Cards three times previously this year with Pujols healthy!

I'm hoping they can do it again, especially with the offense weakened by his absence.

Anyone know how the rotation is going to shake out in St. Louis? I'm guessing Milton, Claussen, Harang... don't know on their side.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Monday is Claussen and Suppan
    Tuesday is Milton and Carpenter
    Wednesday is Harang and Ponson

Thursday is Arroyo and Rusch
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Statement series.

What do I win?
    "I saw Wedding Crashers accidentally. I bought a ticket for Grizzly Man and went into the wrong theater. After an hour, I figured I was in the wrong theater, but I kept waiting. Thatís the thing about bear attacks. They come when you least expect it."-Dwight K. Schrute

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11
    Statement series.

What do I win?
    :obrien:

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    IMO, the is no reason that the Reds shouldn't be in 1st place on Father's day. With Pujols and Carpenter on the DL, Edmonds hurting and Mulder struggling, the Cards are in trouble. They called up Timo Perez the other day. Carpenter could be back against the Reds, but who knows? Let's hope they wait until next weekend to activate him.
    Good point made. I bet Carpenter does come off off the DL though to make his first start back against the Reds. CBSSportsline has him listed as Tuesday's starter for the Cards.

The lineups at this point look like:

Mon: 5-4 Suppan (5.06) v. 3-6 Claussen (5.40)
    Tues: 4-2 Carpenter (2.63) v. 3-2 Milton (4.89)
    Wed: 4-0 Ponson (2.93) v. 6-4 Harang (3.65)

Too bad we don't get to see Mulder, he's given up 16 runs in his last 3 starts for a 8.31 ERA. Of course one could say it's a good thing we miss Mulder, because this season we've done pretty well against aces and made some no names or struggling stars look like Cy Young! For example, Maddox had been getting nailed before beating us last week, then he once again got slammed today, giving up 6 in 5 innings.

I love the sweep down at Minute Maid though. I think the past few games might have been the point where previous season's clubs would have folded up and mailed it in for the year after the last few rough weeks.
    Last edited by KYRed; 06-04-2006 at 09:35 PM.

Statement made.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

Back to Back Series Sweeps on the road is very much a statement

Now if we sweep the cubs thats = an 11 Game win streak and a HUGE statement.

Definitly off to a hot start in the month of June
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    Statement made.
    And that statement is . . .

Redz ROOL, Cardinalz DROOL!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Turn Off Ads?