Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Break Out the Brooms! Reds @ Astros Game Thread - REDS WIN!

Re: Break Out the Brooms! Reds @ Astros Game Thread (No Oswalt)

Burke put the meat tenderizer on Ramirez with an 11-pitch AB and now Berkman's walked on six pitches. If the Astros have a pounce in them, this would be the time to show it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Maybe Narron just told EE that he is tired of turning his head and feeling ill...every time a ball is hit at him. Maybe it worked.

Is he not allowed to tell EE that his defense could be better...even despite his age. I think Narron would tolerate the fact EE might get into hitting slumps more than him not improving his defense. I am sure they have discussed and tried working on his footwork and the way he throws. Maybe EE is frustrating them by not improving.

Glad to see AK did not get something broken on his previous HBP.

Elizardo tries to pick off Berkman at 1B. Why? Does he think Lance is going somewhere?

And now we've got a balk call. Settle down son.

4 IP, 1 ER, 66 pitches for Elizardo.

Astros only have 2 hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    Maybe Narron just told EE that he is tired of turning his head and feeling ill...every time a ball is hit at him. Maybe it worked.

Is he not allowed to tell EE that his defense could be better...even despite his age. I think Narron would tolerate the fact EE might get into hitting slumps more than him not improving his defense. I am sure they have discussed and tried working on his footwork and the way he throws. Maybe EE is frustrating them by not improving.

Glad to see AK did not get something broken on his previous HBP.
    He's not going to improve overnight. Reasonably what you should be hoping for is that he's better in the second half of the season than in the first.

I think it's fine to set an expectation for where his defense needs to be, but folks inside the baseball world (IMO) are sometimes quick to read inexperience as a personal defect and I certainly hope that isn't done in the case of Encarnacion. He's too talented (in the field as well as at the plate) for the team to have any other view on this outside of being resolved to work through it.

Good lineup today except 7 and 8 need to be flipped.
    Go Gators!

I understand that M2....... and i have confidence EE will not get lazy or try to slide by on his natural talents, unlike Willie Green, but it seems like whenever any manager or coach has something to say about certain players.....it's a call to arms to tell said manager/coach to shut up and leave that player alone. Some players need some tough love maybe.

This place is deader than a Kevin Federline concert.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Lizard having problems...

Damien Easley hit 3 HR's yesterday in Game 2 of a DH vs the Braves....he just hit a 3-run homer against Chris "Better than a Bong" Reitsma..... in the ninth to make it 8-3 AZ.

Yanks are losing 10-1 in Bottome of 7th.... It is a good day so far today.

Nice.

Need a dp now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger
    I understand that M2....... and i have confidence EE will not get lazy or try to slide by on his natural talents, unlike Willie Green, but it seems like whenever any manager or coach has something to say about certain players.....it's a call to arms to tell said manager/coach to shut up and leave that player alone. Some players need some tough love maybe.
    I agree with you. EdE in particular seems to thrive under those circumstances. He strikes me as a guy who puts a lot of pressure on himself to succeed (which is probably why he's a major league 3B at age 23) and tough love probably feeds into his natural tendencies.

Though to be honest, when Marty starts talking about EdE I don't get the sense it's done as reporting that Narron's showing Encarnacion some tough love, I take it as Marty's way of saying, "See, I told you this kid isn't so great." I can't imagine Marty likes the crow diet EdE's been feeding him this season. If I were a coach, I'd compile Marty's greatest busts on the kid and let Edwin hear them. That might make an excellent motivator.

Nobody throwing in the bullpen....

That's a mistake.

Now there is....the next to be DFA'd is warming up....

GRIFF!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap!!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?