Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NIce series....

NIce series....

Now go and beat the snot out of the Cards please.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: NIce series....

Claussen and Milton make that a sure thing
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Dont let todays game fool you. The Cards are not the same team without Pujols. Their offense isnt any better than the Astros offense.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

I'd like to believe that, but the Reds seem to be snakebitten by the Cardinals. From the Mother's Day Massacre to this day, they own us. If, by chance, we do well in this series, it will go a long way toward making believers out of the Reds Faithful.

However with Milton and Claussen pitching two of the games, they probably don't need a lot of offense anyway. The hits will come. And we face Carpenter in one of those games. If the offense has truly come alive, we will win 2 of 3. If the Cardinal pitching stymies our offense, we got big problems.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

It'd be nice to take at least 2 of 3 from St.L, but if we can't pull that off, I'd take a series sweep of the Cubs to make up the lost ground to the Cards. It's going to be a true test of our staff here, going 13 days in a row, going up against a competitor and 2 somewhat decent teams.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRedsFan
    However with Milton and Claussen pitching two of the games, they probably don't need a lot of offense anyway. The hits will come. And we face Carpenter in one of those games. If the offense has truly come alive, we will win 2 of 3. If the Cardinal pitching stymies our offense, we got big problems.
    Carpenter is on the DL.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Carpenter is on the DL.
    He's coming off the DL and pitching tomorrow night. Lucky us.

He's coming off and will pitch Tuesday.

The Cards "O" doesn't scare me nearly as much without Pujols. There's no reason we couldn't take 2 of 3 from them.

Now, having said that, watch them go get swept.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    He's coming off the DL and pitching tomorrow night. Lucky us.
    Here's to a lot of rust on his arm... I hope!!!

Of course the REDS already "beat him" once this year... a 1-0 win.

Nice thread AB

This Cardinal team reminds me of the Oakland LaRussa teams from the late 80's, lots of spare parts that shouldn't seem to work, some stars and a good pitching staff... you just wait for it to fall apart, but it keeps on going.

I hated those A's teams... wtached them everyday, hated them to death.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    This Cardinal team reminds me of the Oakland LaRussa teams from the late 80's, lots of spare parts that shouldn't seem to work, some stars and a good pitching staff... you just wait for it to fall apart, but it keeps on going.

So your saying you didn't respect the power of Carney Lansford, Terry Steinbach and Mike Gallego?? Seems like a murderers row to me. Yeah I will give Larussa credit for getting the most out of the So Taguchis of the world

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou

That is exactly right WOY. You look at this team piece by piece, and they shouldn't be in first place, but they are. I always thought that LaRussa was overrated, but I don't think that anymore. He always brings out the best in players that have never been very good. That is why I think the Cards will do fine while Pujols is gone. Somehow, they will still win.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    That is exactly right WOY. You look at this team piece by piece, and they shouldn't be in first place, but they are. I always thought that LaRussa was overrated, but I don't think that anymore. He always brings out the best in players that have never been very good. That is why I think the Cards will do fine while Pujols is gone. Somehow, they will still win.
    I've been stuck to that guys career since he left the CWS, he lived near my parents and used to eat at my roommates restaurant in Danville all the time, then he jumps ship and ends up in my baseball neighborhood. I'm not a big fan of his manner, or his choices all the time but the man knows the game and he wins. That in itself makes him good for baseball.

I'm all for stuff that is good for baseball.

Turn Off Ads?