Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: FSN Hearing the Criticism?

Re: FSN Hearing the Criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    He sounded pretty excited to me!
    He must have been thinking about their next destination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?
    saboforthird

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that FSN represented Cincinnati? (at least in games that the Reds play in) If so, why would they continue to employ (even if it means buying out a contract) Grande, with all the supporting he does of the opposition? It's hard to get excited about the Reds when I get to watch my own team play in silence and hear everything in the world about the opponent.

They don't want homers calling the games.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Why? And, if not, can we at least not be subjected to a Cardinals homer calling Reds games?

Same reason they asked the Braves guys to tone the homerism down, they want "balance"
    Go Gators!

Same reason they asked the Braves guys to tone the homerism down, they want "balance"
    Braves guys go to a National audience on TBS. I don't think they are right to ask them to tone it down, but at least it is distinguishable.

If I am seeking out a Reds game on FSN Ohio, I am 95 times out of 100, a die hard Reds fan, no? I just don't get the philosophy here. It IS possible to be a "homer" and still be interesting and critical as an announcer. Being a "homer" (whatever that means) does not mean you have to be blindly accepting of all that goes on. But it does mean that you might be pleased when good stuff happens, and pleased on a consistent basis.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by smith288
    But I agree, he didnt even get sorta pumped at the homerun Freel hit in the 11th.
    Probably b/c he saw two other "should have won the game" opportunities go up in smoke with the BP yesterday... no sense in getting excited until the last out is made!

It is good to see RZ'ers complaining about George. Usually when George gets his own thread (again), it means the REDS are winning. Otherwise, there would be all kinds of other things to moan about with this club. I like George threads!

And why not?

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Probably b/c he saw two other "should have won the game" opportunities go up in smoke with the BP yesterday... no sense in getting excited until the last out is made!

It is good to see RZ'ers complaining about George. Usually when George gets his own thread (again), it means the REDS are winning. Otherwise, there would be all kinds of other things to moan about with this club. I like George threads!

That's an excellent point.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal
    Braves guys go to a National audience on TBS. I don't think they are right to ask them to tone it down, but at least it is distinguishable.

If I am seeking out a Reds game on FSN Ohio, I am 95 times out of 100, a die hard Reds fan, no? I just don't get the philosophy here. It IS possible to be a "homer" and still be interesting and critical as an announcer. Being a "homer" (whatever that means) does not mean you have to be blindly accepting of all that goes on. But it does mean that you might be pleased when good stuff happens, and pleased on a consistent basis.
    I think Marty is a good example of a critical homer. Marty loves the Reds much in the same way we do. Obviously, he sometimes picks the wrong target for the wrong reason, but still he is a homer and leaves no doubt as to who he wants to win and succeed. I do not think the same can be said of Grande. I think he's like a t-ball coach, just hoping everyone had fun and would just as soon not mention any winners or losers, just great performances.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Old Red Guard Reject

Ah, a GG bashing for me is like cake to a fat boy. I can't resist.

Tonight should give this thread more fuel for the fire.

"The Reds and the Redbirds coming up next"
    "You know, you hate to see an injury to a player having a season like Pujols"
    "Eckstein does all the little things right and the little guy plays big"
    "Edmonds.......he got it, he got it!"
    "Juan Encarnacion,.....you know his story."

Stat geek...and proud

I'll gladly put up with George if I don't have to hear those JTM and Red Roof commercials anymore.

WHOOOOOO!

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor
    I think Marty is a good example of a critical homer. Marty loves the Reds much in the same way we do. Obviously, he sometimes picks the wrong target for the wrong reason, but still he is a homer and leaves no doubt as to who he wants to win and succeed. I do not think the same can be said of Grande. I think he's like a t-ball coach, just hoping everyone had fun and would just as soon not mention any winners or losers, just great performances.
    Don't let it be said that I didn't show up to talk about GG. I have had a horrible time listening to him. He is so much of a fan of the other teams that it clouds his calls of great Reds moments. I would love to know how much it would cost him to get a spotter on flyballs. I don't know how many times I was working on a paper in college listening and watching and a flyball was hit "pretty good. I would look up to find an outfielder preparing to catch a mid-range flyball. His depth perception is comparable to that of a man looking in a funhouse mirror.
    If we weren't all crazy we would go insane.-Jimmy Buffett

Quote Originally Posted by Hap
    Grande showed absolutely no excitement at all when Freel hit the 11th inning home run. He acted like it was a routine pop fly. I'm not sure he even knew the ball was a homer.
    Freel hit a HR in the 11th? I thought Rich Aurilia hit it....he had such a great at bat before that!

Thankfully CW mentioned that David Ross had a great AB as well, and actually got on base.

Quick Question: How has no one started a fire George Grande website. We've had one for Bob Boone and Miley. Why no GG?

Turn Off Ads?