Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone heard of this movie CARS coming out?

Re: Anyone heard of this movie CARS coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    Saw it today; liked it a lot.
    Likewise.

2. Turn Off Ads?

We checked it out last night. I've never been much on Disney movies, but this one was enjoyable. You definitely don't have to follow racing to "get it" or enjoy it, but there are some little treats in there for those who like NASCAR.

Don't want to spoil anything, but I will say that the flashback to the earlier days of Route 66 was, by far, my favorite part of the movie. I really began to connect at that point.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

I love Pixar films because of the different levels of entertainment that are presented. Adults can catch the subtle more racy humor that shows up that keeps us entertained, while 4 year old kids are easily entertained by the basic kids storylines. I also love to watch for the celebrity cameos.
    These things have grown old with me fast. Thing is, they have an unlimited amount of inanimate objects to personify. Next, they'll have one called "Furniture" where the inventory of a furniture store must find their lost long friend, the couch, who was mistakenly separated from a love seat and a coffee table.

All the while they'll be making sexual innuendo about the "firmness" of the cushions.

Enough. I saw "Cars" when it was called "Toy Story."

saboforthird

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    These things have grown old with me fast. Thing is, they have an unlimited amount of inanimate objects to personify. Next, they'll have one called "Furniture" where the inventory of a furniture store must find their lost long friend, the couch, who was mistakenly separated from a love seat and a coffee table.

All the while they'll be making sexual innuendo about the "firmness" of the cushions.

Enough. I saw "Cars" when it was called "Toy Story."
    Movie makers have become less innovative, in light of all this computer-generated animations and special effects. Plots seem to be a thing of the past. Now they just make movies fit under the umbrella of all viewers (PG-13), just by making said movie a little less violent or risque. That way ticket sales are maximized. What happened to the days of strictly R-rated movies and movies made ONLY for children?
    Last edited by saboforthird; 06-11-2006 at 01:36 PM.

Saw it Today.........Loved it, even my 2 half year old stayed put the entire movie and didn't make a peep, he was into it.....Cute story, well worth seeing....I like it much better than Toy Story.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5
    My wife and I took our son (4 years old) to see Over The Hedge two weeks ago and the two of us laughed more than he did. I agree with you guys on the casting...each one was perfect. Shatner was hilarious. We will likely be hitting the theater soon for Cars.
    My nine year old son loved "Over The Hedge" and he loved "Cars." When I asked him which one he liked better, he said he liked them equally. I thought they were both good.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Hangar18

Quote Originally Posted by indyred
    Because in the last week I think i've seen a million ads for it!!!!...Also Toys R Us and even Mejiers has a ton of the merchandise out for it.... Don't get me wrong, I'm taking my little one to it and look forward to seeing it.......I just hope it's decent, anyone seen a sneak preview of it yet?

I just saw it this weekend, its an EXCELLENT MOVIE!
    Im not one for cartoons or anything like that ......I gave it 5 stars,
    and I never give a movie 5 stars

Took the kids to see it last night at the drive-in theater (really--no pun)...overall, I thought it was a pretty solid movie. Pixar has a knack for always putting the perfect voices with their characters. "Cars" was no exception.

Turn Off Ads?