Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Good Trade?

Good Trade?

On the surface, it seems like a great trade for me, am I missing something?

I get:

T Helton
    H Streete
    T Hudson

I give up:

C Crisp
    D Turnbow
    B Penny

I've got Nomar & Dunn to cover 1st base, plus their roster flex to cover either the OF, or SS or 3B. Helton becomes my utility player. I picked up Crisp off waivers a week ago. The guy kept trying to get Palpebon from me, but he's really been my only consistant releiver (Reitsma & Lidge are my other 2). Streete seems to be coming around, and the A's look to be going into their annual 2nd half surge. I think this allows me to cut Reitsma, whom I've held onto for too long, and pick up another bat, potentially one w/ speed to replace what Crisp could have given me. I'm thinking potentially Corey Patterson who's doing well in Baltimore

I didn't really expect this one to go thru. We've been exchanging offers for a week, I kept trying to get rid of Reitsma (I can understand why he wouldn't want him) and some extra OF bats (Crisp and or Mench), he's been consistantly trying to get Palpebon & Crisp (must be a sox fan). I told him that I'd trade any of my relievers, except for Palpebon. He kept trying to get him anyways. I guess when I threw Turnbow back at him, it was enough. He's in desperate need of an OF or 3, as he's got a ton of injuries to deal with. I'm surprised he wasn't asking for another of my OFs to go w/ Crisp.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Good Trade?

I like the deal. You're giving up Penny (an injury risk) for Hudson, which is close to a wash. Street will outperform Turnbow in the second half, as the A's always go on a 2nd half run. And Helton is an upgrade over Crisp.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Thanks for the input. Helton is off to a slow start, but he rebounded strong last year in the 2nd half. My team needs someone w/ a good average, so he could be a real boost down the stretch.

I like the trade a lot but I feel picking up Patterson off the waiver wire is key. I picked him up last week and he stole several bases while hitting a few home runs. Add him to your team and you will not regret losing Crisp. Getting Hudson and Street for Penny and Turnbow is awesome. Hudson is a horse has been since his first two starts and Street will be picking up plenty of saves Oakland has been playing very well as of late.

Well when I checked this morning, someone had picked up Patterson off waivers last night. Oh well. My other thought is to drop Reitsma and pick up J Estrada. Willingham is my catcher, and he's a bit cold as of late. Seems like he might be coming out of it, but it would be nice to have the insurance.

I've got Felo, Weeks & Aberu to pick up the steals. Hopefully they'll cover me enough there to not have to worry much about it. I've probably got a few more trades left in me. I'll eventually trade a pitcher for a bat.

Turn Off Ads?