Turn Off Ads?

Thread: What Else.......?

Leading league in hotness

What Else.......?

Ok, I got some trade offers that I need to ask you guys about. I'm in a 12 team Yahoo league with R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP as the categories. My team:
    C - J. Mauer
    1B - A. Pujols
    2B - M. Loretta
    3B - M. Ensberg
    SS - J. Reyes
    OF - J. Gomes
    OF - K. Griffey Jr.
    OF - J. Francoeur
    UTIL - C. Delgado
    BN - N. Johnson
    BN - S. Hatteburg
    BN - B. Phillips

SP - J. Peavy
    SP - B. Arroyo
    RP - J. Nathan
    RP - R. Dempster
    P - J. Contreras
    P - T. Hudson
    P - A. Otsuka
    BN - T. Coffey
    BN - B. McCarthy

1st trade offer:
    Giving: SP B. Arroyo

Getting: OF G. Sizemore
    RP T. Armas

2nd trade offer:
    Giving: OF K. Griffey Jr.
    Getting: OF A. Jones

HELP!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What Else.......?

Quote Originally Posted by griffeyfreak4
    1st trade offer:
    Giving: SP B. Arroyo

Getting: OF G. Sizemore
    RP T. Armas

2nd trade offer:
    Giving: OF K. Griffey Jr.
    Getting: OF A. Jones

HELP!!!
    I personally think the 2nd one is a no brainer. Jones is coming off a 50 HR season and has yet to even get hot yet this year and he still has 9 HRs and 39 RBIs. Get that deal approved ASAP.

Now, the 1st one I also think is a pretty good return for Arroyo. Arroyo is nota 2.50 ERA guy and his K rate is quite high currently. Sizemore is getting hot and will provide good SBs and Rs.

Armas seems to be finally recovering from arm trouble. I think I would take both offers. At that point you will have some extra OF depth that can be turned around and moved for a pitcher far better than Arroyo.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye33
    I personally think the 2nd one is a no brainer. Jones is coming off a 50 HR season and has yet to even get hot yet this year and he still has 9 HRs and 39 RBIs. Get that deal approved ASAP.

Now, the 1st one I also think is a pretty good return for Arroyo. Arroyo is nota 2.50 ERA guy and his K rate is quite high currently. Sizemore is getting hot and will provide good SBs and Rs.

Armas seems to be finally recovering from arm trouble. I think I would take both offers. At that point you will have some extra OF depth that can be turned around and moved for a pitcher far better than Arroyo.
    Good advice. Any decent SP's available on your WW? You may need to find another if you trade Arroyo
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

Agreed, jump all over the Andruw Jones deal, like yesterday if you can.

Another offer:
    Getting: C - J. Varitek
    2B - T. Iguchi
    SS - M. Young
    3B - A. Ramirez
    OF - A. Rowand

Giving: 1B - Pujols

Another offer:
    Getting: C - J. Varitek
    2B - T. Iguchi
    SS - M. Young
    3B - A. Ramirez
    OF - A. Rowand

Giving: 1B - Pujols
    No, this trade really is the 5 guys your getting for Pujols and the 4 guys you're going to have to drop.

Mauer is better than Varitek. Ensberg is better than Ramirez. Rowand is equal to your current OFers. Iguchi is slightly better than Loretta. Young is better than Reyes.

5 for 1 trades are not always good for your team even if you are getting a lot of good players.

IF you made the 2 previous trades, then you just need to keep Pujols and trade an OFer for a SP.

BTW, Arroyo and Griff are my two favorite players, so I couldn't give either one up. I know it's stupid, but I love em.

I really wanted FeLo too, so I picked up SP A. Cook off the waiver wire and offered a trade to a team that has crappy pitching..

Giving: SP T. Hudson, 2B M. Loretta
    Getting: 2B/SS F. Lopez

No response yet but any thoughts?

BTW, Arroyo and Griff are my two favorite players, so I couldn't give either one up. I know it's stupid, but I love em.

I really wanted FeLo too, so I picked up SP A. Cook off the waiver wire and offered a trade to a team that has crappy pitching..

Giving: SP T. Hudson, 2B M. Loretta
    Getting: 2B/SS F. Lopez

No response yet but any thoughts?
    That's not a terrible trade, but you don't really have the pitching depth to make it. Scott Hatteberg really has no reason to be on your roster. I know you know this. Todd Coffey and Brandon McCarthy's spots could both be upgraded by someone on the waiver wire, most likely.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I dropped Hatte for Freel, B. McCarthy for A. Cook, Coffey for D. Lowe, benched Dempster and threw Lowe in at my third P spot.

Still no response on the trade, but I benched Loretta becuase Phillips is heating up.

Also, what would you think if I offered Delgado for Halladay or some other big pitcher. I could throw Johnson at UTIL.
    Last edited by griffeyfreak4; 05-24-2006 at 11:17 PM.

^Uhhhh.......Any help here would be hot.

It's fantasy baseball. You'll do better if you don't get attached to an all-Reds roster.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I dropped Hatte for Freel, B. McCarthy for A. Cook, Coffey for D. Lowe, benched Dempster and threw Lowe in at my third P spot.

Still no response on the trade, but I benched Loretta becuase Phillips is heating up.

Also, what would you think if I offered Delgado for Halladay or some other big pitcher. I could throw Johnson at UTIL.
    Freel could be of some help, but their aren't any better hitters out there?
    Aaron Cook has been alright, but keep an eye out for someone better long term, like Jered Weaver, not Jeff, Jered (should be on waivers now).

Lowe isn't a bad pickup.

I don't think you'll be able to get Halladay for Delgado, but you might. Doesn't hurt to ask. He's definately close to that kind of value. You might be able to steal a pitcher coming back of injury like Harden, plus another player for him, or go for someone like Oswalt, Kazmir, Beckett, etc, etc.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 05-30-2006 at 01:00 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Another offer:
    Getting: M. Giles, H. Matsui, J. Morneau
    Giving: M. Lorretta

Probably going to accept.

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Another offer:
    Getting: M. Giles, H. Matsui, J. Morneau
    Giving: M. Lorretta

Probably going to accept.
    Do you have any openings in your league?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

matsui prob done, morneau- do you need 4 1st basemen and he would be the worst of the 4, although giles is a very slight upgrade from loretta, depends on if you need sb or avg. in which case you could flip-flop phillips and loretta depending on match-up, looks good on paper but I prob wouldn't accept nonetheless, who are you going to drop when you accept? matsui and morneau, make a counter offer adding Delgado to the mix and deleting matsui and morneau and see if they will throw in an ACE SP. seems they really want loretta and you are just trading to trade. GET SOMETHING YOU NEED. and on the other hand, why ask our advice on those prior, clearly in your favor trade offers if you know you aren't going to accept them, MAKE THOSE TRADES, part w/ griffey arroyo and move loretta/1b for another pitcher

Turn Off Ads?