Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Reds sign Milton Loo!

Re: Reds sign Milton Loo!

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread
    This is good news. We need more infield prospects and Loo sounds like he can hit. The bonus was smaller than I thought he would command. I hope this means than we can pay slot bonuses for our first five rounds.
    plus loo swiped more than 30 bases this year. he has speed too

2. Turn Off Ads?

Personally I'm just thrilled he signed because if he hadn't he would've joined Ben Broussard, Chris Reitsma and Scott Kazmir in the RedsZone Pantheon of Yearning, and had constant Milton Loo updates wherever he was.

plus it would have spawned some new vernacular. "that pick just went down the Loo"
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    plus it would have spawned some new vernacular. "that pick just went down the Loo"
    I had that one totally queued up if he didn't sign.

Mainly I'm glad that the Reds signed a guy they drafted twice. If only he turns out as well as that SS the club drafted twice in the 1980s.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

As far as the Bonus going up goes, could it be that maybe Milton just wanted to represent his JC team thinking that they had a shot at winning it all? Maybe that was his motivation for sticking w/ Yavapai, and perhaps he told the former FO this so they were waiting on him to finish up. the extra 20K may have come as a result of his continual improvement.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 06-05-2006 at 02:52 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Michael Jones was very raw -- at the end of last year they were saying he'd be back in rookie ball this year. No surprise we haven't seen him yet.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    Michael Jones was very raw -- at the end of last year they were saying he'd be back in rookie ball this year. No surprise we haven't seen him yet.
    yea, its just, dayton isnt lighting it up with great infielders outside of janish(now gone) and griffin(who i love. kid is just so consistant)

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
    As far as the Bonus going up goes, could it be that maybe Milton just wanted to represent his JC team thinking that they had a shot at winning it all? Maybe that was his motivation for sticking Yavapai, and perhaps he told the former FO this so they were waiting on him to finish up. the extra 20K may have come as aresult of his continual improvement.
    could be, but i doubt it. i just think krivsky is very good at contract negotiations and past fo was morons

Glad to hear the long nightmare is finally over
    Go Gators!

Wow...Great News !

It's like getting a bonus draft pick now that we don't have to pick Milton again this year...
    There and Back Again...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini
    Personally I'm just thrilled he signed because if he hadn't he would've joined Ben Broussard, Chris Reitsma and Scott Kazmir in the RedsZone Pantheon of Yearning, and had constant Milton Loo updates wherever he was.
    You forgot Jeremy Sowers.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    So, now it's "skip to mah Loo" instead?
    Never overlook the obvious

Fantastic news, I am truly stoked at how the new regime is getting things done
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gm
    So, now it's "skip to mah Loo" instead?
    Now all we need is a loud DJ to hold a microphone and yell whenever he does something.

"Loo got the ball...what's he gonna do? What's he gonna do?! He gotta play at first base! OHHHH BABY!!!"
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat
    Fantastic news, I am truly stoked at how the new regime is getting things done
    It's been so long since we've seen simple, everyday basic competence out of the front office and ownership... sigh... even if Krivsky doesn't turn out to be the next great GM, it's good to at least be a functioning organization again.
    Not all who wander are lost

Turn Off Ads?