Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: BA updated mock top 15

BA updated mock top 15

as much as i love watching speed and def. and as much as i know we need it badly. i will PUKE if this happens. i want those things, but in the right spots. top 8, you cant pick a guy like stubs

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today...es/261615.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: BA updated mock top 15

I want Drabek or Hochever. I haven't studied this draft much, but from my initial look that is who I want.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I can't see how the Reds would pass up Lincecum to get Stubbs. I just read somewhere that KC was strongly considering Stubbs at 1.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I want Drabek or Hochever. I haven't studied this draft much, but from my initial look that is who I want.
    I agree 100% completely.

How about Marrero? Where did he come from? He was top tier, then fell a long ways and now back to the top 15.

Cruisin' for trouble

I can somehow envision the name Lincecum stitched on the back of a Reds uni. Dunno, just somehow fits.

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44
    I can't see how the Reds would pass up Lincecum to get Stubbs. I just read somewhere that KC was strongly considering Stubbs at 1.
    read the link i just gave. according to them, its down to lincon, hochevar, miller. though that doesnt mean stubbs wont get taken by them

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GoReds
    I can somehow envision the name Lincecum stitched on the back of a Reds uni. Dunno, just somehow fits.
    ....and closing games this year well into October.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg
    ....and closing games this year well into October.
    lets hope not

my list on monday at 1

1. Miller
    2. Hochevar
    3. Morrow
    4. Kershaw
    5. Lincoln
    6. Lincecum
    7. Longoria
    8. Drabek
    9. Rowell
    10. Stubbs

this isnt how i see it going, but who i want. i hope someone goes off the board above us and a few of the bottom 10 go early so 1 of those top 5 fall to us

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    read the link i just gave. according to them, its down to lincon, hochevar, miller. though that doesnt mean stubbs wont get taken by them
    From the KC Star...

But, as we enter the last 24 hours before draft time, the signs say the Royals just might pass up Miller. They like him, of course. But some Royals push for Houston pitcher Brad Lincoln, who they say is more polished. Around baseball, rumors buzz that the Royals might work out a deal with Scott Boras client Luke Hochevar, a right-handed pitcher who was drafted by the Dodgers last year but sat out for more money.

There are even late rumors that the Royals are considering Texas outfielder Drew Stubbs, a talented but exceedingly raw player.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/14741332.htm

From the KC Star...

But, as we enter the last 24 hours before draft time, the signs say the Royals just might pass up Miller. They like him, of course. But some Royals push for Houston pitcher Brad Lincoln, who they say is more polished. Around baseball, rumors buzz that the Royals might work out a deal with Scott Boras client Luke Hochevar, a right-handed pitcher who was drafted by the Dodgers last year but sat out for more money.

There are even late rumors that the Royals are considering Texas outfielder Drew Stubbs, a talented but exceedingly raw player.

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...s/14741332.htm
    like i said, they will look at him, i just dont see it right now. unless miller, hochevar and lincoln ALL ask for 5 plus million

After reading that again. I think it is pretty clear that BA doesn't have a good read on the Reds' intentions. They needed to list Stubbs as a Top 10 pick, and they might as well put him there. Don't put too much stock into it.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    like i said, they will look at him, i just dont see it right now. unless miller, hochevar and lincoln ALL ask for 5 plus million
    Don't get testy. I hope KC takes him. That way Cincy won't be able to make that mistake.

Don't get testy. I hope KC takes him. That way Cincy won't be able to make that mistake.
    i agree. like i said in my list post, i want a few teams to take guys below my top 5, so 1 or 2 of them drop to us

Turn Off Ads?