Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting into Dunn's Head? (And not the opposition).

Getting into Dunn's Head? (And not the opposition).

I am just wondering if all the talk, especially from within the Reds organization, of wanting Adam Dunn to expand his strike zone is getting into his head? Most notably Marty B. Now I really enjoy listening to Marty but he seems to be the most outspoken in wanting AD to swing at more pitches.

In one of Adam's abs on Sunday he did something that amazed me. There were 2 outs a runner on second and he had a 3-0 count. On the next he swung and hit a fairly deep (and fairly weak) fly ball to left field, the pitch was probably a strike but it was knee high and on the outside corner. Now if there were less than 2 outs and a man on third I'd love to see him hit that fly ball. Now I am not an Adam Dunn hater, and I'm not Adam Dunn's biggest fan, and I don't think that OPS is the most important hitting stat, if that were the case then Adam Dunn would be considered a better hitter than Tony Gwynn and Pete Rose. I don't think Adam is one of the best hitters in baseball but I think he's a very good hitter. I think Adam has a GREAT attitude and seems to have a positive influence in the clubhouse. And I've come to accept Adam for what he is, bringing me back to my point which is:
    I hope, I HOPE that AD doesn't change his hitting approach and start doing what some people want him to do. I would rather see him get on base with a lot of walks than swing at bad balls and add a few hits to his total.

I know it was only one situation in one game, but I was just so shocked by that at bat, because he of anybody never does that, that I just felt I had to bring it up.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Getting into Dunn's Head? (And not the opposition).

What Adam Dunn is thinking right now:

Redszone
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

If Dunn is worried about what Marty thinks, he really does have issues.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Thankfully I doubt he knows or even cares about msg board people
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

Redszone
    how was that negetive?

Adam Dunn is thinking about sweeping the Cards and taking over 1st place.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Thankfully I doubt he knows or even cares about msg board people
    Msg board people will be a classification sociologists use to describe us in the future.

Please, Dunn is always thinking about creek
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by billy117
    how was that negetive?
    I didn't say it was negative, but if Dunn does know about this site, then I'm sure he'd be thrilled to see another thread about himself.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Ok I guess I was the only one who thought anything after that at-bat. My bad. I just hope that none of the front office or anybody is trying to get him to change.

Dunn is a better hitter than Pete Rose IMO. Rose had longevity and was rarely injured, but if it were game 7 of the world series, I take Dunn every day of the week, and twice on Sudays.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    Dunn is a better hitter than Pete Rose IMO. Rose had longevity and was rarely injured, but if it were game 7 of the world series, I take Dunn every day of the week, and twice on Sudays.
    If we're talking at their current ages (65, 26) then I agree with you. But otherwise I wouldn't, but I'm obviously wrong.
    Last edited by billy117; 06-05-2006 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin Kearns
    I can't believe anyone who watched both players play for any significant amount of time would say that.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan

Redszone
    Actually, he'd probably like Redszone. Especially compared to the mlb.com messageboard - where in the last 3 days the big arguement is whether he's more like Rob Deer or Dave Kingman.

Quote Originally Posted by osuceltic
    I can't believe anyone who watched both players play for any significant amount of time would say that.
    I'm hoping it's sarcasm. Otherwise, it's sacreligious. And someone must be burned at the stake.

Turn Off Ads?