Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Sabino grad Nickols signs with Reds, heads to Fla.

Sabino grad Nickols signs with Reds, heads to Fla.

http://www.tucsoncitizen.com/daily/sports/14773.php

Sabino grad Robbie Nickols of Pima Community College has signed with the Cincinnati Reds.
    Nickols, a pitcher, was drafted in the 22nd round by the Reds in 2005 out of Pima, but he did not sign last summer, deciding to stay in school. The Reds held his draft rights until this year's draft - which starts Tuesday - and came to terms with the Tucsonan. He will play for the Reds' short-season Rookie League team in Sarasota, Fla.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Sabino grad Nickols signs with Reds, heads to Fla.

This is what gives me so much hope with this new administration. I don't recall in the past this type of signing just before the draft (although I'm open to correction there - I'm sure it's happened). These are two good signings and, IMO, are almost like getting extra draft picks this year (I know, that's a poor analogy).

Re: Sabino grad Nickols signs with Reds, heads to Fla.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    This is what gives me so much hope with this new administration. I don't recall in the past this type of signing just before the draft (although I'm open to correction there - I'm sure it's happened). These are two good signings and, IMO, are almost like getting extra draft picks this year (I know, that's a poor analogy).
    The budget was already drawn up, I doubt management had much to do with it. Dan O'brien era Houston were known for their D/F's, I figure since they had "leftover" business from 2004, more money was put into place to deal with it. 2004 drafting and scouting year had some leftover lags from the pre-GAB era, cutting down money available for D/F's and the draft likewise, wasn't IMO up to par with 2005(which I rate as a average draft, thus draw your own conclusion's on 2004, Bailey or nothing it is).

Turn Off Ads?