Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 71 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2006 Official MLB Draft Thread (Day 1)

Re: 2006 Official MLB Draft Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    While I can understand that line of thinking to an extent, this is THE big decision the Royals will make this year.

At the very least you'd think Moore would want to make sure the franchise was going about making the decision in the right fashion. Even if Moore's not supplying the name, he could be asking questions like "Is this the guy we want or the guy we think we can sign?"
    Hence, showing the "wisdom" of KC waiting until this close to the draft to fire Baird. They knew they had the first pick in the draft, his job obviously was in jeopardy, and they are paying him whether they fire him after last season or in the middle of this one. Now, they've wasted an offseason and potentially the 1st pick in the draft to indecision because of a regime change right before the draft. Just an idiotic way to do business, if you ask me.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    If Miller falls to them, it's like having a #1 pick ... provided you actually pick the #1 guy.
    yea, but as much as id want them to take him, you can set bar as high as he thinks he is gonna set it. think about the next time a upton or prior comes through. they will be asking for 10-12 million

I really feel the Reds NEED to take Joba Chamberlain with the 8th pick.

That way, if he makes it to the majors we can post stuff like "If you no help me now Joba, I say {expletive} you. I do it myself"
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I really feel the Reds NEED to take Joba Chamberlain with the 8th pick.

That way, if he makes it to the majors we can post stuff like "If you no help me now Joba, I say {expletive} you. I do it myself"
    I'm hoping that you'll be able to go to another board and say that personally.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Apparently Hochevar does appear to be the 1st guy off the board, with Miller dropping to picks 11-13 somewhere. And somehow we still select Stubbs? I don't like it, we need pitching. However what's really surprising from this piece is that Chamberlain has fallen out of the 1st round alltogether!

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/a...ives&fext=.jsp
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I'm hoping that you'll be able to go to another board and say that personally.
    Hardy, har, har.

Hey, M2 and OnBaseMachine will be here soon so you'll have plenty of people to brown nose, you loser!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Hardy, har, har.

Hey, M2 and OnBaseMachine will be here soon so you'll have plenty of people to brown nose, you loser!
    As the mod of this forum, I'm happy to announce that I have banned you for 24 hrs. Sorry you'll miss the draft.

There's always day 2 of the draft....unless you want to continue your name calling.

*this is only a joke. I repeat this a joke. Puffy is not banned from the site*
    Last edited by Red Leader; 06-06-2006 at 11:56 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

joba has injury concerns, i wouldnt go near him

on a BIG NOTE. the dodgers may be taking brian morris at 7, they want him and think he wont make it to their 26th pick. that would be big. like i said yest, we need a few off the board picks ahead of us

I have to work at 12:30. Who offers to text me the Reds pick?
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

not getting the draft preview, can someone link it. it appears im getting an old one from a few days ago when i click on the link

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric
    I have to work at 12:30. Who offers to text me the Reds pick?
    I'll do it, PM me your digits.

Awesome. I was half joking, but that would help me out.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

I would grab Miller at number 8 if he is available. I would be estatic to draft Joba Chamberlain in the second round.

Less than an hour until the draft.

How we lookin'?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Hardy, har, har.

I can't speak for OBM, but in my case all that behavior would net you is a flowery-smelling nose ... and facial bee stings as the little buggers are drawn to my floral bouquet.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?