Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does White still have a job?

How does White still have a job?

This guy shouldn't even have a job for one thing, but why is he put into close ballgames blows my mine.

Whip BAA ERA
    1.59 .352 6.75

This guy needs to be on the next bus to Springfield.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How does White still have a job?

my thoughts exactly!
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Willy
    This guy shouldn't even have a job for one thing, but why is he put into close ballgames blows my mine.

Whip BAA ERA
    1.59 .352 6.75

This guy needs to be on the next bus to Springfield.
    I'm holding Narron accountable. He's got to be out of his freakin' mind to send White out there in a close game. I've just about lost all my respect for him.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook
    I'm holding Narron accountable. He's got to be out of his freakin' mind to send White out there in a close game. I've just about lost all my respect for him.
    You can't keep sending out your 2 or 3 most reliable relievers out there everyday, they'll be fried by August and September. You have to rely on your entire bullpen at times and that includes White. I can't blame Narron at all.

That being said, White needs to be sent packing. I'm just not sure there is a better option currently in the organization. Krivsky needs to work out a trade or something.

Wagner has to be a better option than White

Wagner can't even get minor league hitters out.

Anyone has to be better than White. Outside of maybe Mike Burns.

Wow, those numbers are sad. Wayne has to do something ASAP.

How does White still have a job?

By trying to throw more 90 mph sinkers and 80-ish mph curve balls instead of the old 94 mph line drives.

Don't know if it will save him, but I think he knew that his old straight fast ball was going to land him in the unemployment line.

Rick White needs to go NOW. After giving up the two run homer tonight, his ERA is 7.25, and his BAA is .348.

BEFORE tonight's fiasco, his stats the last 30 days are:
    9 games, 8 ip, 7 k, 16 hits, 10 Earned runs, 11.25 ERA, and 2.25 Whip.

Yan is also not the answer, but we need to ditch White....

Looking to Louisville, why not try Brad Salmon? In 7 appearances spanning 11 innings, has a 1.64 ERA, 5 hits, 14 k, and 3 BB. Also did well at Chatanooga to start the year. At least he might get some experience, and his novelty might work better than White being such a known (bad) quantity.

Anyone think Tom Shearn might be worth a shot?

Gary Redus Ruled

Krivs has been quick to get rid of guys who arent performing which is what I love about his tenure so far. I have no idea why he hasnt replaced White..he has no business on this team.

Stat geek...and proud

How about giving Germano a shot to be the long man when Belisle gets back, and making Belisle your 6th and 7th inning guy? If he struggles, send him back down, before you "Reith" him.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg
    How about giving Germano a shot to be the long man when Belisle gets back, and making Belisle your 6th and 7th inning guy? If he struggles, send him back down, before you "Reith" him.
    As much as I'm not a big fan of Germano, I'm to the point now where I would support a decision like this.

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    As much as I'm not a big fan of Germano, I'm to the point now where I would support a decision like this.
    Well, Germano hasn't even gotten into a game yet (has he? maybe I forgot), and we've been getting at least 5 out of our starters, so the long man isn't as crucial on this team as it has been in years past. But yes, I think it couldn't hurt. Belisle/Germano can't be worse than White. White has good pop on his fastball, but he just can't PITCH. He can THROW, but he can't PITCH.

Turn Off Ads?