Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Junior ties Fred McGriff by homering in 43 different ballparks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Junior ties Fred McGriff by homering in 43 different ballparks

Ken Griffey JR. has homered in 43 different ballparks tying Fred Mcgriff for that distinction. In order to break the record he will need to wait until a new ballpark is built. Way to go JR pretty cool record to share.

Re: Congrats JR

Also on reds.com they've announced he's moved into a starting role for the 2006 All-Star game in the voting standings
    Proud Member of "The Bengals Lair"
    http://www.uranking.com/vote.asp?member=45269
    http://www.powerhouserock.net
    Somebody's gotta win and somebody's gotta lose and I believe in letting the other guy lose. - Pete Rose

I just heard Jim Day talking about the HR in the ninth. He said Griffey was being heckled pretty good behind home plate and after he crossed home he motioned to the fan. Something appeared to be going on after his first HR as well with the fans.

I don't know much about Junior but he does hear what folks in the fans have to say. I went to a game in Montreal a number of years ago and some fat guy behind home plate was yelling, "JUUUN YERRRRRRR" over and over. That was until Junior hit a bomb that shut the guy up. But that wasn't enough for Junior. He made sure that the guy that was yelling his name knew the HR was hit becauase he was running his trap. At least that is how Junior made the guy feel. He just glared in his direction all the way to the dugout.

Griffey is an amazing player. Even more amazing when considering how much he lets what others say affect him. The good news for us is the affect on Griffey seems to have a direct correlation with the rise in his legendary HR totals.

Maybe the Reds should hire Leon the Barber and Robin Ficker to follow the team around as Griffey's personal heckler. I'm telling you, it fuels the guy. He used to play for fun. Now he plays for fun and to shut people up and I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed
    I just heard Jim Day talking about the HR in the ninth. He said Griffey was being heckled pretty good behind home plate and after he crossed home he motioned to the fan. Something appeared to be going on after his first HR as well with the fans.

I don't know much about Junior but he does hear what folks in the fans have to say. I went to a game in Montreal a number of years ago and some fat guy behind home plate was yelling, "JUUUN YERRRRRRR" over and over. That was until Junior hit a bomb that shut the guy up. But that wasn't enough for Junior. He made sure that the guy that was yelling his name knew the HR was hit becauase he was running his trap. At least that is how Junior made the guy feel. He just glared in his direction all the way to the dugout.

Griffey is an amazing player. Even more amazing when considering how much he lets what others say affect him. The good news for us is the affect on Griffey seems to have a direct correlation with the rise in his legendary HR totals.

Maybe the Reds should hire Leon the Barber and Robin Ficker to follow the team around as Griffey's personal heckler. I'm telling you, it fuels the guy. He used to play for fun. Now he plays for fun and to shut people up and I love it!
    Yeah I've kind of noticed this too. I'm a huge Pacers fan because I live in Indianapolis, and he reminds me a lot of Reggie Miller especially in his prime. As soon as some opposing fans would start chanting "Reggie sucks!" he'd start knocking down three's and letting them know about it. I guess some people can listen heckling and thrive on it and JR. is definetly one of those people.

I love you Junior Cakes.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I love you Junior Cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I love you Junior Cakes.
    The wife know about this?
    Go Gators!

Yeah, Jr. has thin skin and always has. So, it encourages idiots to ride him at the ballpark even more. I guess the big surprise is that the most wonderful baseball city in the history of the game has idiots too

But, man, what a player!!! The impact he has had on this team in the limited amount of time he has played is incredible. The Reds had a real tough month of May, but it seems like Jr. has come back and helped to breath new life into this team. I never felt like it was collapsing like in years past, because the pitching was decent. But, if you didn't have a Ken Griffey Jr. on your team in the middle of a penant race, wouldn't you want one?

The club is deep enough into his contract now that it barely matters if they deal him to get out from underneath his contract. I haven't heard Castellini or Krivsky or even Allen complain about money once since the new ownership took over. I am glad the kid is still here, and he is playing like a man who is bent on proving something. If it takes some loud mouth drunk in a dump like St. Louis to keep him stoked, so be it.

Turn Off Ads?