Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Chris Welsh

Interview with Chris Welsh

If anyone is interested, part two of Redleg Nation's exclusive interview with Reds broadcaster Chris Welsh is online over at RN.

Lots of interesting stuff in there. Chris was pretty open and honest.

Part one is here.
    Chad D
    Redleg Nation: A Cincinnati Reds Blog, Fan Community, and Therapy Group

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interview with Chris Welsh

That is awesome. Great Pete story also.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by RedlegNation
    If anyone is interested, part two of Redleg Nation's exclusive interview with Reds broadcaster Chris Welsh is online over at RN.

Lots of interesting stuff in there. Chris was pretty open and honest.

Part one is here.
    To satisfy rule #6, will you copy the interview to this thread?

Thanks.
    What if this wasn't a rhetorical question?

All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

rule #6 is an interesting rule. BA's lawyers feel it opens Redszone up to legal action. We don't always post the entire article if said article is ESPN. It's a fine line but Redleg Nation isn't a direct competitor of Redszone. In fact, it links to Redszone prominently, therefore increasing Redszone's page rank. The reverse is not true due to the nature of a messageboard only site.

Not having rule #6 would in fact ease some of the server load on Redszone, and face it, it isn't like you are going to lose members, or that they will forget Redszone exists.

Copyright laws for the internet are still blurry at best, but since BA is exempt, this should definitely be on a case by case basis, or have rule #6 better defined to say no links to sites with the express intent of selling a product.

JMO.
    Suck it up cupcake.

I'll ask again why does a baseball site turn down away free baseball content?

I could understand if Redleg Nation was trying to make a profit off of this but the fact is he is providing free and quality information about one of the Reds personalities. The funny thing is if you look on the side of his homepage there is a link to RedsZone so it's not like it's a post of malicious purposes to try to get people away from RedsZone. Oh and not to mention the writer of this article posted this himself. Great post and great work by Redleg Nation, I'm sure it was a very neat opportunity to have this interview.

Breakin' the law... breakin the law...

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    I could understand if Redleg Nation was trying to make a profit off of this but the fact is he is providing free and quality information about one of the Reds personalities. The funny thing is if you look on the side of his homepage there is a link to RedsZone so it's not like it's a post of malicious purposes to try to get people away from RedsZone. Oh and not to mention the writer of this article posted this himself. Great post and great work by Redleg Nation, I'm sure it was a very neat opportunity to have this interview.
    He also doesnt appear to feature any Google ads to profit from visitors. I dont see a problem with his link because his site is well thought out and has a following (based on blog responses).

I'll post it here, if that's proper. I don't care, we're not making a penny on the site; it's not like I'm trolling for traffic so I can raise my ad rates.

As a matter of fact, I've spent quite a bit out of my own pocket on RN, for hosting and design, etc. Just a labor of love because I'm a Reds fan. I consider it my hobby, and my wife doesn't complain too much.

And one other point...I founded RN, but one of the other contributors is actually the guy who did the interview. I enjoyed reading it as much as everyone else.
    Chad D

I'll post it here, if that's proper. I don't care, we're not making a penny on the site; it's not like I'm trolling for traffic so I can raise my ad rates.

As a matter of fact, I've spent quite a bit out of my own pocket on RN, for hosting and design, etc.
    That's great and my compliments to your website providing free and quality Reds information. Thanks for sharing it, I learned some interesting about the Reds, most notable that the FSN announcers get paid more than the WLW announcers.

As a matter of fact, I've spent quite a bit out of my own pocket on RN, for hosting and design, etc. Just a labor of love because I'm a Reds fan. I consider it my hobby, and my wife doesn't complain too much.

And one other point...I founded RN, but one of the other contributors is actually the guy who did the interview. I enjoyed reading it as much as everyone else.
    And for all of that you rock Chad, a great interview.. kudos to Bill and to the batteries in the recorder

Yeah, but I just wish we could have kept you on board, WOY.
    Chad D

Great interview. Now, I guess we know another reason why Dick Williams wasn't referred to as "Richard."
    "Booing on opening day is like telling grandma her house smells like old lady."--WOY

Great interview! Thanks for posting. CW should seriously consider writing a book. He's got some funny stories to tell.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Call the lawyers.

Good stuff RedLeg
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?