Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AUDIO: Frank Robinson's last at bat as a Red and Waite Hoyt's last radio broadcast

Re: AUDIO: Frank Robinson's last at bat as a Red and Waite Hoyt's last radio broadcas

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball
    Gordy Coleman was in the dugout and still an active player with the Reds platooning at first with Perez.

Wasn't it Claude Sullivan? I think Ed Kennedy and Frank McCormick did TV.
    Cha.. I meant to write Frank McCormick... who was doing TV with Ed Kennedy, and yes it was Claude.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: AUDIO: Frank Robinson's last at bat as a Red and Waite Hoyt's last radio broadcas

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Cha.. I meant to write Frank McCormick... who was doing TV with Ed Kennedy, and yes it was Claude.
    Yep.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/press.../cin/media.pdf

See page 10-11.

Pay attention to the open sky

Re: AUDIO: Frank Robinson's last at bat as a Red and Waite Hoyt's last radio broadcast

This is cool Sava..thanks
    Go Gators!

Re: AUDIO: Frank Robinson's last at bat as a Red and Waite Hoyt's last radio broadcast

BTW, thanks for the memory blast, Sava.

Growing up in Massachusetts, my friends and I would play some sort of baseball game every day of the summer. Usually it was whiffle ball, with a pitch-back as a backstop/strike zone. We'd fight over who'd be the Red Sox so we had to be another team, a National League team. Bob was always the Braves, Ted the Giants, Jack the Dodgers, and I was the Reds. We'd have to go through the order batting, for example, lefty for Pinson, righty for Robinson, lefty for Coleman, righty for Johnson, lefty for Edwards, righty for Cardenas, either for Rose, etc. It was great fun that lasted virtually all day everyday, and I got to really love the Reds as my adopted other team.

In late July of 1965, my family moved to Cincinnati. Before school started, I didn't know a soul, so I was really lonely. I couldn't wait until the game would start and I could listen to Waite Hoyt and Claude Sullivan. At first, I really didn't like them as much as Curt Gowdy, Ned Martin, Mel Parnell, or Ken Coleman, but I eventually warmed to their styles. In fact, I remember listening to that last game. If the Reds had won, they would have tied Pittsburgh (who'd already won) for third place. I remember wishing the Giants would consider they'd already locked up second place and they should just let the Reds win.
    Last edited by Spitball; 06-06-2006 at 07:43 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by BigKlu
    I always remember hearing stories about the stories he would tell during rain delays...had to be better than the Banana Phone
    Here's a snippet.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

how do you get those audios, they are great

Quote Originally Posted by redsupport
    how do you get those audios, they are great
    I searched for them on Limewire. I've gotten quite a few now.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?