• disappointed

19 22.89%
  • not sure or neutral

30 36.14%
  • cautiously optimisitic

23 27.71%
  • happy

3 3.61%
  • thrilled, this is the best draft ever!

3 3.61%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you feel so far about the draft

How do you feel so far about the draft

How does everyone feel after the draft?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How do you feel so far about the draft

I said enraged. I really expected the Reds to try to turn things around in this draft. Instead, they loaded up on mediocre talent. I don't understand the big run they had on mediocre relievers.

they took mediocre players who will move quick instead of the BPA, imo. not sure why

in the draft, you have to take high ceiling guys, cause you cant really get those in fa as a small market team. you can get the avg guys, the utility guys, etc

Disappointed, but we shall see.
    Go Gators!

disappointed.Stubbs was fine as a #1, but the rest - uninteresting. Maybe this was a down draft year so the Reds said - we'll pass. Still..

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I think Obrien could have done better. That said, I dont think Danny boy did a bad job drafting for the Reds. He just did a bad job running the major league club.

cautiously optimisitic
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

I said cautiously optimistic as well.. But I agree with a lot of comments on the draft thread, wondering what the point was with some of the picks. Let's hope Wayne's guys found some overlooked talent.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I see it as a pretty safe draft, with a chance to be a good one if Stubbs develops. The preponderence of college players signals a change in philosophy, I think. I see guys like Watson, Valaika and Turner as having a decent chance to eventually contribute in supporting roles, and maybe one of the so-called power arms taken later will surprise.

I like that in a year where the positional talent was weak the Reds may have gotten the player who ends up being the best position player from this draft.

I put not sure/neutral. Honestly, I haven't seen any one of these players play. Although it's disappointing that they passed on some players that seemed to make a lot more sense (based on comments on this board), I'm giving this new group the benefit of the doubt for now.

There were some head-scratchers, though.

I wish there had been a "meh" choice, but I figured that worked out to neutral.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I put dissapointed, but I'm willing to give it a chance. I wasn't enthralled with the picks, but did like the direction of the college route. I would have liked to have seen some hitters taken and possibly take a chance on a HSer like Lars Anderson, but there must have been some signability issues there.

I picked disappointed, though meh is probably a better description.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Wow, so far after 52 votes, this one looks like it's split right down the middle. I don't think I have ever seen a poll that is that even (like a pyramid).

Personally, I think WK has bought himself some slack with the natives. If DanO was still here and had made the same picks, this poll would have been heavily leaning towards enraged or suicidal.

I selected "disappointed" simply because I wasn't impressed with anything other than Stubbs.

Oh well. We'll just have to wait and see. I know one thing, nothing could be worse than the Reds drafts of 1999, 2000, and 2001. So we got that going for us.

Turn Off Ads?