Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Yadier Molina quote.......

Yadier Molina quote.......

"I think every time we were looking for a fastball he threw a changeup, and every time we were looking for a changeup, he threw a fastball," Molina said. "He's a great pitcher, one of the best in the National League."

He was talking about Milton. After last season, I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I'd ever hear a major league player saying this about Eric Milton.

Don't get me wrong, I still have my reservations about him, but he is showing he knows how to pitch if healthy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Yadier Molina quote.......

I was just going to post that quote, too. Of course, Yadier was fresh off a baffling game against Milty. He is a catcher, though, so you wouldn't think he would throw that kind of compliment aroung lightly. Have to say I really, REALLY like our top three starters much more than I thought I would at this stage.

Is that Soto's change he's throwing?
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Quote Originally Posted by RedEye
    I was just going to post that quote, too. Of course, Yadier was fresh off a baffling game against Milty. He is a catcher, though, so you wouldn't think he would throw that kind of compliment aroung lightly. Have to say I really, REALLY like our top three starters much more than I thought I would at this stage.

Is that Soto's change he's throwing?
    Milton has been solid, and so has Elizardo.

Who knew?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

He's never pitched this well for an entire season, meaning I'm afraid of the inevitable return to earth, hopefully it won't be too bad, he's looked nice lately.
    Go Gators!

If Milty has a sub 4.50 ERA at the end of July, do we still shop him? I say no.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Depends if we are still contending or not.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

We are still contending in July. Milty has a sub 4.50 ERA. Do we shop him?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Shop him, yes. Trade him....that all depends on what teams are offering.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo
    "I think every time we were looking for a fastball he threw a changeup, and every time we were looking for a changeup, he threw a fastball," Molina said. "He's a great pitcher, one of the best in the National League."

He was talking about Milton. After last season, I never in my wildest dreams would have thought I'd ever hear a major league player saying this about Eric Milton.

Don't get me wrong, I still have my reservations about him, but he is showing he knows how to pitch if healthy.
    I remember hearing someone say that Milton is using his off speed pitches more this year.

We are still contending in July. Milty has a sub 4.50 ERA. Do we shop him?
    Probably not.

If I could find a sucker to take that contract, I'd trade him for a bag of peanuts without thinking twice.

Yes, no matter what.
    Go Gators!

With the way our starters have performed, other than Claussen, who I still think will eventually come around, we are very solid. I would not give up value in the minors combined with quality major leaguers on the roster for another starter at this point. Milton has been outstanding. You could see from the start of this season that he has more velocity and a changeup that he has faith in. I think his good run is here to stay this year.

Let's stop shopping everybody and play ball. I think this team is the real deal and we're going to stay in contention all season.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz
    Let's stop shopping everybody and play ball. I think this team is the real deal and we're going to stay in contention all season.
    Exactly. I think the talk of shopping players can be almost completely squelched for now. The Reds are contending and show no signs of going away. The only shopping it looks like the Reds will do will be for additions, not subtractions.

Turn Off Ads?