Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Freel done for season

Freel done for season

I was checking out Marcs blog and saw this update:

Freel done for season

Get used to seeing Norris Hopper and Chris Denorfia in the outfield for the season's final 10 days. An examination today revealed a hairline fracture in Ryan Freel's left thumb and he will miss the rest of the season. Freel hurt himself on an ill-advised dive for a ball that became a triple by Luke Scott Tuesday night.

Also, Eric Milton will have arthroscopic surgery tomorrow morning to clean out his left elbow.
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Freel done for season

If Freel was a Weeble I'd bet he'd fall down.

At this point it doesn't much matter anymore does it? even .500 seems like fantasizing about the cheerleader in English class, not bloody likely.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Nope, doesn't matter.

At this point in time, the only focus should be getting everyone 100% healthy and ready to go come February in Sarasota.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

We're now this close to seeing a starting outfield of Hopper, Hollandsworth and Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    We're now this close to seeing a starting outfield of Hopper, Hollandsworth and Wise.
    I put out a "fantasy" lineup that we could see a week or so ago in another thread. It included those three in the OF. The others were Larue Catching, Valentin at 1st, Olmedo at 2nd, Clayton at SS, Castro at 3rd and Jason Johnson pitching. Yesterday we got 3/4 of the infield. It's getting scary close to happening.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    Makes you remember the days of late 2003....Ruben Mateo, Dernell Stenson (God rest his soul) and Steven Smitherman.

Ouch.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Excellent post but it may be rivalled by the 1982 outfield of Dallas Williams, Duane Walker and Larry Biitner

And with that, the last reason to even go to the ball orchard exits stage left...
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    And with that, the last reason to even go to the ball orchard exits stage left...
    See ya next spring Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30 View Post
    Makes you remember the days of late 2003....Ruben Mateo, Dernell Stenson (God rest his soul) and Steven Smitherman.

Ouch.
    I was getting Darren Bragg flashbacks myself. It wasn't pretty.

I can think of five solid reasons to go the park

Developing star Royce Clayton gets even more playing time to burnish his superior skill set
    Where else can you watch the precious incubation time of budding star Chris Michalek, go to the game to see if his delivieries can break a pane of glass
    Wait for the return of superstar Ken Griffey as he embarks on his everpresent and ever successful
    rehab" program, just in time to see if he can recapture the August magic that produced 11 rbi's
    See if Brandon Harris gets an At Bat
    Finally, there is a hotly contested spot for middle relief. Which future Geoff Combe or Joe Edelen can emerge from the muck

We bought our tickets for this weekend about two months ago. So much for still being in contention but I will still enjoy the games even if we are fielding a team that might be decent at the AAA level.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    I put out a "fantasy" lineup that we could see a week or so ago in another thread. It included those three in the OF. The others were Larue Catching, Valentin at 1st, Olmedo at 2nd, Clayton at SS, Castro at 3rd and Jason Johnson pitching. Yesterday we got 3/4 of the infield. It's getting scary close to happening.
    I was just thinking about something like that today.

C - LaRue
    1B - Hollandsworth (just because)
    2B - Olmedo
    SS - Castro
    3B - Harris
    LF - Hopper
    CF - Wise
    RF - Denorfia
    P - Johnson

You know you want it America

This is exactly why I like the idea of Freel being an infielder instead of an outfielder. His dives can sometimes make the highlight real, but too many of them are just ill-advised or just downright physically dangerous. I think he stays healthier playing 2B everyday and I also think he'd become a pretty good second baseman.

Turn Off Ads?