Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: How would you rate Krivsky's first four months on the job?

Voters
172. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+

47 27.33%
  • A

78 45.35%
  • B+

34 19.77%
  • B

10 5.81%
  • C+

1 0.58%
  • C

0 0%
  • C minus or lower

2 1.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How would you rate Krivsky's first four months on the job?

How would you rate Krivsky's first four months on the job?

I'll give him an A.

Everything the guy has touched has turned to gold. Let's take a look at his transactions.

1.) Signed 1B Scott Hatteberg.

Hatteberg has been a big surprise since signing with the Reds in February, hitting .293/.400/.440 in 180 total plate appearances. His walk total(27 bb/13 k) doubles his strikeout rate. You can't ask for much more out of a guy making 750,00 dollars.

2.) Signed Adam Dunn to a 2-year contract extension with an option for a third year.

Locked up the franchise player to a long term deal. Dunn is once again OPSing well over .900 and cranking home runs out of the park at a 50 HR pace. Another great move.

3.) Traded Wily Mo Pena for Bronson Arroyo.

Dealt a strength(OF) for a weakness(starting pitching). Bronson Arroyo is putting up Cy Young caliber numbers at a cheap price. The Reds would be no where near where they are right now without Bronson Arroyo in the rotation. Again, fastastic move.

4.) Traded Bobby Basham for David Ross.

Ross has become the personal catcher for Arroyo, and has shocked just about everyone by OPSing just a tick under 1.100 in just over 70 plate appearances. He won't continue hitting at the pace he is, but when all is said and done he will have an above average OPS for a catcher. Again, great pickup.

5.) Traded PTBNL or cash to Indians for Brandon Phillips.

Like the Arroyo trade, the trade for Phillips has to (so far) go down as one of the best moves of the year by any GM. Phillips always had the potential to be a great player, and he has finally began to show it under the Reds. Phillips' .808 OPS is the 4th best among major league second basemen, believe it or not. Perhaps his biggest impact has come in the field where he ranks second among all MLB second basemen with a .883 zone rating. His baserunning abilites have also been a big shot in the arm(11-for-11 in stolen base attempts).

6.) Traded Ben Kozlowski for Cody Ross.

Acquired a solid 4th outfielder for Triple-A fodder...

7.) Traded Cody Ross to Marlins for PTBNL.

Soon after acquiring Ross, he dealt him to Florida for a PTBNL. If the Reds get anything decent in return, well, they win this trade.

8.) Traded 26-year old Single-A reliever Kyle Edens for Esteban Yan.

Edens has no future in the majors, Yan has a good arm and is worth taking a chance on. Only one run allowed through his first four innings with the Reds makes this an early win for the Reds. Even if Yan flops this trade will go down as an even trade.

9.) Signed draft-and-follow prospect Milton Loo.

Krivsky and company did something the previous regime couldn't do - they signed Milton Loo and added another bat to a thin farm system. What's not to like here?

The only thing holding me back from giving Wayne an A+ is Rick White still being on the roster. He should be gone yesterday.

How do you rate Wayne Krivsky's frst four months on the job?
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-08-2006 at 09:17 AM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How would you rate Krivsky's first four months on the job?

I'm an idiot. Mods please do me a favor and move this to ORG where I meant to put it in the first place.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

A+

Krivsky is a GM dream come true.

White will be gone when Kriv finds a substantial upgrade for him.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

I don't see how anyone could give him less than an A.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

hes batting 1.000 so far, anything less than an A and i have to wonder what that poster is on

I gave him a c for the draft which brings his grade down a bit. Then again I wasn't thrilled with the Arroyo deal at the time it was announced either, so what do I know.

I gave him a B+. The draft brought him down from an A. I like a lot of the things he has done, but the draft smells of failure, and since none of them have played yet I cant truly grade it other than what I thought of it. At best, he gets a D for the draft right now in my opinion (which means little) but it is my opinion. That D brings him down from an A because the draft is a major part of his job. I know he left it up to his scouts, but they are guys he brought in and well he is responsible for their actions. He has been better than I expected him to be, and has done quite a solid job.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I gave him a B+. The draft brought him down from an A. I like a lot of the things he has done, but the draft smells of failure, and since none of them have played yet I cant truly grade it other than what I thought of it. At best, he gets a D for the draft right now in my opinion (which means little) but it is my opinion. That D brings him down from an A because the draft is a major part of his job. I know he left it up to his scouts, but they are guys he brought in and well he is responsible for their actions. He has been better than I expected him to be, and has done quite a solid job.
    i realize he hired the guys who did the draft, so you can blame him some, but he didnt actually make any picks. so i dont see how his grade can be brought down any by what another man did. now you can give buckly a bad grade for it, but not krivsky, IMO. personally, buckly better hope a lot of these guys are better than "we" think or he wont have a job long. i think a few will turn out better than we think and this draft will be ok, but it wont be one that we look back on saying it was very good

I voted A plus. I think he has done excellent so far. I think its hard to judge the draft til see who we sign and how they play.

B, like most of the moves but not a fan of 3 catchers and 12 pitchers, weakens the bench.
    Go Gators!

Anybody have any past drafts that Buckley had a hand in with the Bluejays? The reason I ask is I dare anyone to research it
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

I give him a B+. he has had a decent 4 months and I hope that he continues to build this franchise into something we can all be proud of. He needs to go out and get something done within the next couple of weeks with the bullpen and another starter. If he can get the Reds another front line starter and a couple of bullpen guys, with one being above average, at least, I'll give him an A+.

more pitching please.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

So far Krivsky has been the King Midas of GM's. Everything he has done has been gold.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

A+

He's given us hope when even the most optimistic was beaten down, after years of dissapointment.

I want to have his babies.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    B, like most of the moves but not a fan of 3 catchers and 12 pitchers, weakens the bench.
    I gave an A, not perfect. My reason for quoting the above is that this 3 catcher thing has to give at some point. With EE and Griff hobbled yesterday, Mark Berry manhandled Ryan Freel getting him away from the umpire after a BS called strike three (that ump had a strike zone sponsored by North American Van Lines - it just kept moving...). It was clear what Berry was doing. They could ill afford to have Freel tossed since it only left them McCracken to fill in and left no other positions other than catcher to fill in. With two guys "day to day", it left the bench thin.

Turn Off Ads?