Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 444505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone 2006 mock draft thread

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I think Jilted by Johnny has a better ring to it.
    Do they seriously have those "Looks like Jesus, Acts like Judas, Throws like Mary" T-shirts for sale in your area, M2?

I might look into buying one of those.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone mock draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    Puffy, how do I say this politely.

Your draft class just screams

BRIEN TAYLOR!
    Chili's or BlockKnockers last choice in the last round had Danny Almonte in it. I thought that was funny.

I think Jilted by Johnny has a better ring to it.
    I love you Johnny Cakes.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Do they seriously have those "Looks like Jesus, Acts like Judas, Throws like Mary" T-shirts for sale in your area, M2?

I might look into buying one of those.
    I believe they're readily available outside of Fenway on game days.

Though I'm not a Sox fan, I have to admit I admire the lunacy Sox fans bring to the game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Though I'm not a Sox fan, I have to admit I admire the lunacy Sox fans bring to the game.
    I do as well. I think it makes the games much more enjoyable when you've got fans that are literally willing to punch a woman for wearing a Devil Rays jersey to Fenway.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I do as well. I think it makes the games much more enjoyable when you've got fans that are literally willing to punch a woman for wearing a Devil Rays jersey to Fenway.

She had it coming.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    She had it coming.
    I mean a D-Rays jersey is indefensible at every level.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

but the ladies (and Puffy) like those cool blue-green colors...
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

They just figured that with the beating she takes on a yearly basis from the Rays, she wouldn't notice another bruise.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

First let me say, I had a blast with this like the rest of you. I mentioned before we started that I was chicken, but I wanted to do it. It's just that I've never looked at the draft as a "GM" before. It's kind of overwhelming, really. I had no real clue what I was doing. But, I learned a lot, and that means something to me.

For next year, I want to start now preparing now. And I think I'd like to stick with the Astros. I'd like this year's participants to have the right to keep their same team for next year. If they want. Or we can "reserve" teams now. It'd be fun to pick your team without knowing it's draft position. Lots of ideas floating in my head right now. Maybe I need them to gel a while.

Astros draft:

Kyle McCulloch, rhp, Texas
    I kind of grabbed him because he was the highest college pitcher on the board, AND he was from Texas. If it had just been me, I might have selected Jeffress, rhp, HS, but every source kept saying Astros = college pitching.

Others I considered: Sinkbeil (because I've heard the Astros like him), David Huff, and Matt Antonelli. I wanted to pick from the last two, but changed my mind at the last minute.

Round 2: Stephen King, ss, HS

This was a funny pick. I had sent OBM a list of 9 players before I left. He was on the list as a "watch and see" but I expected him to be gone before.

Funny thing, Cardenas was on my intial list for second round, and Sulentic would have been too, except chili took him before I got down that far.

I had some of the left pitchers on that list too, like Zach Britton, Jeff Locke, and Brandon Belt.

Others on the list were Sean Watson and Max Sapp, who I knew were in Houston last week for workouts.

Round 3 was pretty much a crap shoot. Kind of glad to be able to take an Arizona Wildcat in Brad Mills, lhp, AZ. Others I had on the list must have been taken: Evarts and Goglan.

On the Astros "real" draft, btw, I read that they'd like to get a power bat for a corner position if the right one becomes available in the right round. Whatever that means.

Gosh, long post. Sorry. But it's been fun.

I put my picksx in my sig. so I can remember who I picked
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Hang em.
    Go Gators!

Cubs had the best draft in terms of talent to number of picks.
    Go Gators!

Hey, rdiersin, looks like our optimism paid off, or our mock draft would have been messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    Hey, rdiersin, looks like our optimism paid off, or our mock draft would have been messed up.
    Actually Sandy, it was messed up. I changed it from Loo last night and then this morning I found out about Loo, so I had to change it back. Luckily, it wasn't a problem in that nobody had picked the bpa.

Turn Off Ads?