Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone 2006 mock draft thread

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Redszone mock draft?

Clayton Kershaw was projected in the top 7 in nearly every draft I have seen and he is now still available at 14...of course Steel wont take him, so he will fall to 15. Interesting stuff so far in our little mock draft.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Clayton Kershaw was projected in the top 7 in nearly every draft I have seen and he is now still available at 14...of course Steel wont take him, so he will fall to 15. Interesting stuff so far in our little mock draft.
    Question is - who will go all Billy Beane circa 2005 and scoop up those undervalued high school arms

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I would have taken Kershaw #5 overall in my draft had I done the draft myself. Miller, Longoria, Hochever, Lincoln would have all gone before him, but he would have been #5 as far as BPA in my opinion.

Ah wonderful, I was expecting to get on here tonight and figure out what time we had set and low and behold I missed the start. Wow I had no idea that we were going to start on Friday! The last I checked we hadn't even finished handing out all the teams (Oakland I think was still ava.), now I miss out on all the fun.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo
    Ah wonderful, I was expecting to get on here tonight and figure out what time we had set and low and behold I missed the start. Wow I had no idea that we were going to start on Friday! The last I checked we hadn't even finished handing out all the teams (Oakland I think was still ava.), now I miss out on all the fun.
    Oh, You haven't missed all the fun. In fact, I suspect there's several more days of fun. Hopefully, we'll finish before the real draft.
    Stick to your guns.

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

With the 14th pick in the 2006 MLB entry draft, the Toronto Blue Jays select:

Clayton Kershaw, lhp, Highland Park HS, Dallas TX
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

With the 15th pick in the MLB Amatuer Entry Draft, the Washington Nationals select:

Kyle Drabek, RHP/SS, The Woodlands HS, Woodlands TX
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    You were saying?
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    You were saying?
    I love irony.

I'll be golfing tomorrow - so if by chance my pick comes up - I am, as I am typing this, sending OBM my picks. So angry masses - blame him.

Brewers select Brooks Brown RHP University of Georgia

rdiersin is on the clock followed by Stewie.

I have an awesome second round pick in mind right now...and I'm praying that he falls to me in the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I have an awesome second round pick in mind right now...and I'm praying that he falls to me in the 2nd round.

Since we're all ... well most of us ... really Reds fans, hopefully we all are too.

Glad I didn't wait up.

Has somebody pm'd the next two? If you're going to be sleeping, I'll be around for a while, so I can keep that up if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    Since we're all ... well most of us ... really Reds fans, hopefully we all are too.

Glad I didn't wait up.

Has somebody pm'd the next two? If you're going to be sleeping, I'll be around for a while, so I can keep that up if you want.
    I PM'd the next three(rdriesen, stewie, and ramp)

Only stewie has responded. He plans on PM'ing me his picks because he will be gone from 9:00 to 2:00.

I plan on going to sleep pretty soon and getting up around noonish. Is it OK if Stewie sends his picks to you since I'll probably be sleeping when he picks?

Yep. I'm up for the duration, I think, and I don't have specific plans until later. If I have to leave for an extended time, I'll post let someone else know. But I should be around until later.

If anyone cares, I pm'd OBM the group I'm considering for the Astros if they are still on the board when my turn comes. Just so no one is concerned since I'm coming up at 23.

Turn Off Ads?