Turn Off Ads?
Page 42 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone 2006 mock draft thread

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19

The Rockies, using the infinite wisdom of Dan O'Dowd, select Catcher Brian Jeroloman, from the University of Florida, with the 78th overall pick

Code:
    AVG	AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	SB
    .242	190	40	46	7	0	6	39	0

*cough*reach

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Redszone mock draft?

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Had 2844 sent picks to OBM?
    I don't think so, he said earlier to give him bpa.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat
    *cough*reach
    We spent too much on Andrew Miller. The rest will have to be signability picks to fit under budget.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I made my pick. I had five other guys in mind who were all picked while I was out watching the Da Vinci Code. So I went for Best Catcher Still Available.

After all, you can never have enough catching.

Not when ya can get by on scrap heap guys like our beloved David Ross ( who im diggin btw) or jd clossers of the world

So should we go BPA for 2844?

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    So should we go BPA for 2844?
    If he said take bpa, then take bpa.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallen5862
    I would like NC State. They beat Texas today. My UNCW team lost today to get eliminated. NC State is my favorite Team. I would also take North Carolina since they won the regional with UNCW in it.
    I'm preparing a summary of the teams left, and I'll start a thread to see if there's enough interest. Some of the regionals aren't even down to two yet.

I loved watching the UNC Wilmington team that came to the BR regional a few years ago. They were a lot of fun to watch.

With the 79th pick in the draft, the Tampa Bay Devil Rays take
    Dustin Dickerson 3b/1b, HS

doug is on the clock.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

With the 80th pick of the 2006 MLB FYP draft the Pittsburgh Pirates Select RHP Cory Rasmus, Russell County HS, AL

Traderumor is on the clock.

I think we'll have to wait for OBM now, I don't know if TR or Doc Scott sent him their picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I would be glad to make some picks for people if you guys need some help.
    You can have my next A's pick if you want it.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Well the Pirates, and myself are done.
    We took the following players:
    Luke Hochevar
    Hochevar was one of the top prospects a year ago, but his affiliation with advisor Scott Boras caused him to fall to the first-round supplemental round. After a series of odd events in which he reportedly switched agents and reached an agreement with the Dodgers, he switched back to Boras and remains unsigned. The Dodgers do hold his signing rights up until a week before this year's draft. He has a similar build with long, strong limbs as fellow Colorado prep pitching star Kyle Sleeth. He works comfortably in the low-90s and has touched the mid-90s on occasion. He has a solid overall repertoire with a hard-breaking curveball, a sharp slider, a solid changeup and a developing sinker. His best asset is his ability to change speeds and hit his spots, as he commands the strike zone really well. He also shows a smooth delivery, and his frame should be able to sustain long innings if not find a few more ticks for his fastball. His arm is relatively fresh since he pitched in Colorado, not compiling the long innings of a pitcher from a warmer state. He missed time during his sophomore season with two injuries sustained on balls hit back up the box. Neither injury was to his throwing arm. His athletic bloodlines are very strong as his father played professional basketball and his mother played volleyball. If he can maintain his velocity and the consistency on the bite of his curveball, he could be a solid top of the rotation starter as a pro.

Dellin Betances
    No one matches Betances' imposing stature on the mound. At 6'9", he offers a towering presence, and has the advantage of pitching at a dramatic downward plane to hitters. The pride of New York City, he also offers a very strong yet silent aura that commands respect. He throws in the low-90s with his heater, with natural downward movement given the trajectory of his pitches. He also has a refined curveball that offers a very tight, late break, as well as a promising changeup that offers a fair amount of deception. It seems as though that whenever you read about a 6'9" pitcher that throws in the 90s that are immediately concerns about that pitcher's command and mechanics. That isn't the case with Betances, who commands the strike zone very well with all of his pitches, and has a very patient, quiet and sound delivery in which the ball explodes out of his hand. He is a very good overall athlete that doubles as an imposing hitter. Betances was an Aflac All-American and he also played for the Team USA Junior National Team during the summer of 2005.

Cory Rasmus
    Cory Rasmus is the younger brother of Colby Rasmus, a first-round pick (Cardinals) from a year ago, and is the son of Tony Rasmus, the head coach for the highly acclaimed Russell County Warriors from Phenix City, Alabama. Rasmus is a different kind of athlete from his older brother, who was a rangy and athletic, five-tool outfielder. Cory is built more square and strong, with a thick lower half that makes his body ideally suited to catching. While he has some thump in his bat as well, his powerful right arm makes him more appealing on the mound. He’s touched 97, and has worked hard to consistently work in the 92-94 range. And when he’s on he can spin one of the prettiest curveballs you have ever seen.

For the Pirates I went with the best player available at the given spot they drafted. It just so happened that they were all pitchers. In the second round I was tempted to take Matt Laporta, but Betances was there and I couldnt pass him up. I think that Luke Hochevar is the second best pitcher in the draft behind Andrew Miller, so taking him was not a problem in my mind. I went with Rasmus in the 3rd round, because well had I had a later pick in the second round I would have taken him. He has said if he doesnt go in rounds 1 or 2, he will go to Auburn to play. This however was a mock draft, and I see him going in the 2nd round in the real draft, I took him with the idea that he was a second round talent that I was able to get in the 3rd round here, essentially giving me 3 picks in 2 rounds.

I don't have any picks from TR but Doc Scott and M2 have sent some to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I don't have any picks from TR but Doc Scott and M2 have sent some to me.
    Sean Watson is bpa I think

Turn Off Ads?