Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455 LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone 2006 mock draft thread

Re: Redszone mock draft?

I was just looking over everyone's picks, and objectively, the Yankees had the best draft.

That is all.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by rdiersin
    Yea, I agree RL. I would be pretty happy with Morrow and Laporta. I imagine the Streiby pick was more because you wanted him, and it being the last round than anything. Also, wouldn't mind Cole Gillespie for the Reds. They need everything, not just pitchers.
    Exactly.

That's the only reason I took him in the third round. I actually thought he was going to be a 2nd round pick until Jim Callis told me otherwise. Had the draft been five or six rounds, then I wouldn't have chose him in the third round and instead would have went with a power arm. I'm holding out hope that the Reds will draft him tomorrow somewhere after round five.

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    I was just looking over everyone's picks, and objectively, the Yankees had the best draft.

That is all.
    Too bad they'll never wear pinstripes.
    Aside from that, I think we're looking at the "all bust" class that you've drafted, Puffy.

21. Yankees-Puffy(Ian Kennedy)
    41. Yankees-Puffy(Cody Johnson)
    104. Yankees-Puffy(Tommy Pham)

Nice job.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Re: Official Redszone mock draft thread

Oh, and the Red Sox have sex with their fathers.
    But in a very manly way.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I also propose "re-visiting" these draft "classes" from each poster to see how their selections did at the end of the rookieball season for whichever team ends up drafting them. A little bit like fantasy minor league ball, if you will.

We'll all see which 'Zoner has the best eye for talent when it's all said an done.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I also propose "re-visiting" these draft "classes" from each poster to see how their selections did at the end of the rookieball season for whichever team ends up drafting them. A little bit like fantasy minor league ball, if you will.

We'll all see which 'Zoner has the best eye for talent when it's all said an done.
    That would be kind of fun. And then it also gives us something to do when all those prospect lists come up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor

Lets just say its me and leave it at that.

- - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    But in a very manly way.
    You bet - I hear the Sox are thinking of pulling a Tampa Bay Devil Rays thing and are asking the league to potentially change their nickname.

The Boston Broke Bat Mountains.
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

- - Fletch

Would you guys be interested in putting together a Redszone poll to vote on who had the best draft? Obviously it will be a while before we can actually determine who had the best draft, but we can still vote on who we think had the best draft on paper?.

Just a thought.

You bet - I hear the Sox are thinking of pulling a Tampa Bay Devil Rays thing and are asking the league to potentially change their nickname.

The Boston Broke Bat Mountains.
    I think Jilted by Johnny has a better ring to it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Would you guys be interested in putting together a Redszone poll to vote on who had the best draft? Obviously it will be a while before we can actually determine who had the best draft, but we can still vote on who we think had the best draft on paper?.

Just a thought.
    That might be tough to do since some teams had multiple picks, while others didn't. Some teams had sandwich picks, and some didn't, etc.

I'd be ok with it, but it would be difficult to do based on those things I mentioned.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

That sounds good OBM.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine

Just a thought.
    I think its tough, because some people may not have drafted who they thought were the best players, but rather how the team they were picking for would have drafted. But it still might be fun to talk about.

Lets just say its me and leave it at that.

Puffy, how do I say this politely.

Your draft class just screams

BRIEN TAYLOR!
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    That might be tough to do since some teams had multiple picks, while others didn't. Some teams had sandwich picks, and some didn't, etc.

I'd be ok with it, but it would be difficult to do based on those things I mentioned.
    Never thought about that.

Scratch that idea.

Turn Off Ads?