Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 55 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone 2006 mock draft thread

Re: Redszone mock draft?

Quote Originally Posted by SandyD
    Thanks. I have no clue what I'm doing, but I'll figure something out.
    Here is a link to help you out with some of the lesser known players.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll take the Fishies, and if Ramp wants them then give me the White Sox.

do we have a date and time yet?

Quote Originally Posted by reds44
    I'll take the Fishies, and if Ramp wants them then give me the White Sox.
    ramp just PM'd me back and said he would take the Marlins, so I'll change you to the Sox since you said you don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by flyer85
    do we have a date and time yet?
    I'm hoping next Monday; the time has yet to be determined. We'll have to figure that out in the next couple of days.

Angels, Mets, and A's are the only teams still available and they each have only one pick.

Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    ramp just PM'd me back and said he would take the Marlins, so I'll change you to the Sox since you said you don't mind.
    Ok sounds good to me.

What time do you guiys want to hold the draft next Monday? I was hoping to do it during the day...is that bad timing for everyone? We're now just a week away and we need to figure this out.

Monday during the day is pretty much out for me. I can't do it while at work. I'd have to call in sick, and since I've been out already, that alone could get me into trouble.

Internet use is strictly prohibited at my workplace, and the CEO is also my department manager, and micromanages everything. He passes by my desk several times a day, too.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

What time do you guiys want to hold the draft next Monday? I was hoping to do it during the day...is that bad timing for everyone? We're now just a week away and we need to figure this out.
    I think two minutes per pick during the workday would be ambitious, and probably impossible. I know that if I get stuck on a project, I won't be able to check the internet at work.

Did you do this last year, and how long did it take?

My suggestion is to START it during the day, but to expect the chain to get broken at some point during the workday until evening. At least that's what used to happen in my Sandbox leagues.

[addition] if for some reason, Sandy and I are the only ones who can't do it from work. (She definitely can't, and I probably can't), I'd be happy to p.m. the "commish" (on base) my picks in advance). Since I'm Brian Sabean, I'm fairly certain nobody's going to pick my guys where I'm picking them.
    Stick to your guns.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

CC beat me to it. I think OBM - since we have over a week left - you should get an email address for anyone who may have computer connection or timing issues and prepare that it may take all day to complete. Perhaps even starting it Sat or Sunday and letting it run for a day or so would be a good idea.

If you do it on Monday - for example, and start it at 9am your time - guess what, that's 6am for me. I love you guys and all, but I'm not getting up at 6 to do a mockdraft on a workday.

I would start a thread - and prepare that it may take 2 days. I don't see that as a bad thing.

I can defintly do a monday draft but it should be done before say like 1 am central time lol

Quote Originally Posted by jmcclain19
    I would start a thread - and prepare that it may take 2 days. I don't see that as a bad thing.
    I think that is a wonderful idea, and one that I never even thought of. We can even get this thing started three or four days early, like, say, Friday? TRF has the first pick in the draft... so if he chooses to, he can make his pick on Friday and then the next team(you) can make your pick, whether it be a minute later or five hours later.

Is everyone OK with that?

That sounds good to me. I have similar work issues where I can't always be on during the day next Monday but if we let it run over a few days everyone can work it around their own schedules.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

I think that is a wonderful idea, and one that I never even thought of. We can even get this thing started three or four days early, like, say, Friday? TRF has the first pick in the draft... so if he chooses to, he can make his pick on Friday and then the next team(you) can make your pick, whether it be a minute later or five hours later.

Is everyone OK with that?
    Yeah, I think that's the way to go. Friday start.
    Stick to your guns.

Turn Off Ads?