Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 6/8 Minors Updates (the return of Dewayne Wise)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 6/8 Minors Updates (the return of Dewayne Wise)

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    i doubt it. he will probably spend the entire year, like most all players for cincy. i cant remember the last player who left the dragons during the season(during his first season with them).
    Well maybe thats a problem that old Reds have. He deserves to be promoted.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    i doubt it. he will probably spend the entire year, like most all players for cincy. i cant remember the last player who left the dragons during the season(during his first season with them).
    There were 2 from the 2003 seasons that were promoted (not pitchers) from Dayton to Chattanooga mid season - was NOT very good. I think they should spend the entire year in Dayton unless their age is really too old to be in low "A" ball. Another thing to remember is that Rookie ball (Pioneer League for the Reds) in Billings will be starting up this month - IIRC there is a age limit on who can be on the roster there.
    Last edited by KittyDuran; 06-09-2006 at 12:37 PM.
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by New Fever
    Ward is only 22, but yes he needs to be promoted.
    Ah, yes, you're right. Oops. Nevertheless, Ward has earned a bump and doing so would open a spot for Robert Manuel in the rotation, too.

VSL Reds:
    Fajardo: 6 IP, 0 Hits, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 6 K
    Salazar: 1 IP, 1 Hit, 0 Runs, 0 BB, 2 K
    Gomez: 3 for 5
    Gualdron: 3 for 5 with a double, walk and RBI
    Sosa: 2 for 3 with a double, 3 walks and RBI

Humberto Sosa: 19 BB / 8 K in 67 at bats this season.
    Carlos Fajardo: .92 ERA, 19.2 IP, 7 Hits, 2 Runs, 3 BB, 30 K

According to the Baseball America prospect report email, Jay Bruce leads all of the minors in extra-base hits with 38(23 doubles, 5 triples, 10 home runs). Impressive. Only his slow developing plate disciplone is holding him back from being an absolute freak. But I'm not worried about his lacks of walks right now - he was rated as having the second best plate discipline among high school hitters last year, so the discipline is in his arsenal. It will develop over time, IMO.

Turn Off Ads?