Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NBA Finals: Mavs/Heat

NBA Finals: Mavs/Heat

I care about the NBA Finals. But I don't think anyone else does.

Mavs up 1-0. They look just too athletic for the Heat. Shaq is running on fumes. Wade gets too banged up.

The Heat will win a couple games in Miami where the refs give them every call. But I don't see them winning it. Too bad, I like Shaq.

Dirk is tempting fate by getting a haircut after his killer 50 points in the last Mavs/Suns game.

Pay attention to the open sky

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Yay!

Re: NBA Finals: Mavs/Heat

Mav's in 6.

The "Italian" (that's what Shaq-Fu called him) goes down.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I'm loving this postseason because I'm a Mavs fan. They came oh so close to getting to the Finals in the late '80's but could never get past the Lakers. The '90's were embarrasing but since Mark Cuban became the owner he has turned the Mavs into a first class organization.

The Mavs are too deep, too fast and too athletic for the Heat. Mavs in 6.

Watch out for a HUGE game from Dirk in game 2.

got alil captain in u?

mavs in 6 nobody can guard dirk from miami haslem to short posey he will take in the post jason williams cannot guard jason terry josh howard is to athletic for twan who has become infatuated witht eh 3 again 3-9 last nite shaq and wade don't have enough help mavs to deep avery johnson has become a good coach to much for teh heat

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I stopped caring about and watching this year's playoffs after the Mavs upset the Spurs in the semifinal round. The Mavs are a more balanced team and stronger defensively than any team in the East. If nobody from the Mavs sits out a game for any reason, I'll say Mavs in 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I stopped caring about and watching this year's playoffs after the Mavs upset the Spurs in the semifinal round. The Mavs are a more balanced team and stronger defensively than any team in the East. If nobody from the Mavs sits out a game for any reason, I'll say Mavs in 5.
    That Spurs/Mavs series was a classic and worthy of the conference finals.

Overall, the NBA playoffs have just been stellar this year.

Go Josh Howard.

(And to think - the Spurs coulda picked him and teamed him with Timmy D...)

I'm not really paying much attention but it's nice to see 2 teams who have never been before fighting it out
    Go Gators!

Bill Simmons weighs in on the NBA Finals... http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...simmons/060608

I like his karma comments.

My attitude about the NBA has pretty much been "Who Cares" for a long time. I just don't like the style of basketball that they play. Glorified street ball.
    Talent is God Given: be humble.
    Fame is man given: be thankful.
    Conceit is self given: be careful.

John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC
    My attitude about the NBA has pretty much been "Who Cares" for a long time. I just don't like the style of basketball that they play. Glorified street ball.
    Apparently you haven't watched recently. I was turned off to the NBA in general until a couple of years ago. The play has gotten a lot better.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    Apparently you haven't watched recently. I was turned off to the NBA in general until a couple of years ago. The play has gotten a lot better.
    'Tis true. I didn't watch the NBA from ~1987-2002. During that time, many teams in the league apparently discovered the value of defense.

Yay!

I agree whole heartedly. The best TEAMS have won the last few series, too. This year has been fun.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by 2844
    I agree totally. You should really give it another shot Randy. With all the rule changes about hand checking, etc., they've really opened up the game and made it much more enjoyable.

Heck, they even call travelling and palming the ball now.

I have spent three of the last four weeks in Dallas on business.

I've liked the Mavs for a while - since the Nash days. I love Mark Cuban.

And after being in the middle of the frenzy for those weeks, I am really pulling for the Mavs now.

I almost brought creek jr a Dirk jersey home. So glad I didn't!! (see the Roethlisberger thread for the reason why)
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?